Aguero plays 90 mins ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he is OK from this interview he gave in Argentina:

http://www.ole.com.ar/seleccion/titulo_0_1666033422.html

Here's the Google translate of the relevant bits:

Now you go again with a muscle problem. Is a remnant of that made you lose the double FIFA date before?
No, no. This injury is now hit the City in the match with Celtic for Champions: It was hard, it had rained bad, the grass was high and muddy, and from there came a little overhead. I recovered well two days after I played against Tottenham. And I traveled.

'What happened to you?
' Sometimes does not help the issue of travel: rest, the schedule change ... But I'm pretty good. I wanted to play in Peru, be available and put up with everything I could. When you're on the team you always want to be, but the last time, for wanting to, I ended upinjuring against Ecuador. One sometimes thinks: "Why not stop?". Because then I'm a half months out and I lost six or seven games in the City. But when they call for the selection you want to play as. It is so.

-¿Llegás For the match against Paraguay?
Much better I am. Peru after the game had two days to recover and today (yesterday) I made a little football. I'm quite well. Luckily I went the pain I had before Peru was in the adductor and certainly to protect the adductor I loaded a little soleus. I'm better: we did studies, got well and I'm trying to get as fresh as possible for Tuesday.

this sort of things is why WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT BONY

hahahahahahhaha

only kidding

Sounds like he is OK from this interview he gave in Argentina:

http://www.ole.com.ar/seleccion/titulo_0_1666033422.html

Here's the Google translate of the relevant bits:

Now you go again with a muscle problem. Is a remnant of that made you lose the double FIFA date before?
No, no. This injury is now hit the City in the match with Celtic for Champions: It was hard, it had rained bad, the grass was high and muddy, and from there came a little overhead. I recovered well two days after I played against Tottenham. And I traveled.

'What happened to you?
' Sometimes does not help the issue of travel: rest, the schedule change ... But I'm pretty good. I wanted to play in Peru, be available and put up with everything I could. When you're on the team you always want to be, but the last time, for wanting to, I ended upinjuring against Ecuador. One sometimes thinks: "Why not stop?". Because then I'm a half months out and I lost six or seven games in the City. But when they call for the selection you want to play as. It is so.

-¿Llegás For the match against Paraguay?
Much better I am. Peru after the game had two days to recover and today (yesterday) I made a little football. I'm quite well. Luckily I went the pain I had before Peru was in the adductor and certainly to protect the adductor I loaded a little soleus. I'm better: we did studies, got well and I'm trying to get as fresh as possible for Tuesday.
Would sound more promising if he sat Tuesday out.

he is not in the same league as the likes of Aguero at present

No one is. Iheanacho is better than any other striker that would be willing to come in and play the 'squad' role, playing in the cups and league game on one side of a CL week.

I expect a striker to come in and rotate....a squad game.

When Kun is fit, he will play virtually all CL and PL games. Just as Messi does. Just as Lewan.. does. Just as Ronaldo does. Kun won be suddenly playing 26 league games whilst fighting for his spot.

Thats why we have gone for Jesus Im guessing so some people at cthe club definitely aren't pinning all their hopes on Kelechi

Two things. Yes, Jesus has been bought, hence people telling you we have sufficient cover with him coming.

Secondly, he can also play wide left forward and has done for most of his career.

I'm saying is that we need more than Kelechi.

I'm saying we absolutely don't and didn't and that what we have and what is coming is far better than not signing Jesus and signing a Bony level striker to play third fiddle.

Do i know who that is...no i don't.

That's because there is no one good enough to play that role and yet meek enough for the lack of game time as a striker.

The fact that we have gone out and bought Gabriel Jesus tells me that the people who run the club know we need another attacking option...

See above.

Their is a huge growing arrogance on this board with some peoples posts

Pot. Kettle and all that.

I dont rate Sterling as a striking option even though he has been outstanding this season

I do. I have a fair idea Pep does seeing as he mentioned him when Kun was banned as being able to play 9/False 9.

i don't think Nolito will work there either

Pep also mentioned him. He also scores double figures from wide right every season, has played false 9 before and unlike Sterling and Navas, is actually listed as a forward on the CL squad.

Aguero is bound to get injured on Tuesday if he starts.
Still Kelchi will do a more than competent job replacing him. He's getting better and better.

No one is. Iheanacho is better than any other striker that would be willing to come in and play the 'squad' role, playing in the cups and league game on one side of a CL week.

When Kun is fit, he will play virtually all CL and PL games. Just as Messi does. Just as Lewan.. does. Just as Ronaldo does. Kun won be suddenly playing 26 league games whilst fighting for his spot.

Two things. Yes, Jesus has been bought, hence people telling you we have sufficient cover with him coming.

Secondly, he can also play wide left forward and has done for most of his career.

I'm saying we absolutely don't and didn't and that what we have and what is coming is far better than not signing Jesus and signing a Bony level striker to play third fiddle.

That's because there is no one good enough to play that role and yet meek enough for the lack of game time as a striker.

See above.

Pot. Kettle and all that.

I do. I have a fair idea Pep does seeing as he mentioned him when Kun was banned as being able to play 9/False 9.

Pep also mentioned him. He also scores double figures from wide right every season, has played false 9 before and unlike Sterling and Navas, is actually listed as a forward on the CL squad.

we will have to agree to disagree on most of this then

I'm with SWP's Back.
Incidentally Aguero can play on the left as well as being the main striker. If he manages to avoid injury on Tuesday don't be too surprised if he plays there against Everton, while Nolito finishes his suspension, with Sterling out on the right and Kelchi in the middle.
(if of course Sterling is fit)

Last edited:
I'm with SWP's Back.
Incidentally Aguero can play on the left as well as being the main striker. If he manages to avoid injury on Tuesday don't be too surprised if he plays there against Everton, while Nolito finishes his suspension, with Sterling out on the right and Kelchi in the middle.
Nolito is available v Everton I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.