Aguero - poor season?

Apart from Tevez, all of our strikers have performed worse compared to last year. Aguero's been in and out of the team because of injury, Dzeko's form has been patchy because his head is back in Germany and Balotelli only scored 1 goal because he was fed up of England. I guess you could even include Guidetti in this little summarisation. Tevez has been better by the virtue that he didn't want a two-month holiday this season, but his general form until recently has still been piss poor. A lot of work needs to be done, our season failings have come from our deficiencies upfront.

David Silva is still as creative as ever, let's hope we get a big name in the summer and not end up with someone like Anichebe.

In my eyes, the man can do no wrong. Yes, he's having an off season, but that is probably as much of a reflection of the team on him, rather than his form on the team. He's entitled to have a slump in form every now and then, as is every great player of his quality, and to think he's had a whole slew of contributing factors to his relative malaise.

Of all our strikers' form this season, I'd give him the most credit due to all factors involved.

None of our strikers have had a good season and that is the main reason we are 2nd and not 1st

Forget Mancini, tactics, slow build up play etc. It all comes down to the forwards

Obviously not as good a season as last but injuries and the team's general form have been big factors.

The guy's a massive talent and I like his attitude and professional too. With better luck on the injury front he'll be banging them in for fun next year.

Very poor season. Statistically the worst City striker.
Still he has has two injury layoffs and a Marriage break up so definably extenuating circumstances.

How can you say he has had a poor season when he has been injured three times, of course that is going to have an impact on both his form and his strike rate. While you are at it why don't you have a go at Micah as well, he has not been on top of his game either has he.

Bit harsh considering his injuries. I don't think anyone can ever criticise the quality of his play, work rate and confidence. He just needs a run of games to start finding the net. Look at Tevez now.

We're very lucky to have Aguero. Watch him go next season (again).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.