Aguero - poor season?

It's got a lot to do with his injures and the fact he got divorced so it was bound not to be his best season

Not sure anyone bar Pab Zab, Nastasic and Pantilimon has had a particularly good season to be honest.

Joes struggled, Vinny was iffy in the first half of the season, Tevez and Dzeko haven't scored half as many as they would have in similar situations last year, Yaya wasn't as influential - same goes for the rest of the squad really.

Lets hope they have a better summer break this year and come back fired up rather than lothargic and half asleep.

jay_mcfc said:
Injured after 7 mins and been playing catch up ever since. Pre-season and they first 5 or 6 games are so important to players. Miss them and you might not be right all season.

As a side note I'm so glad there are no summer tournaments this year. We might just see the best of Aguero, Silva, Yaya etc in 2014.

totally agree. You start the season injured and then as soon as he was getting back into form got hurt again. Then it takes the team time to get back that understanding. Plus he's had the personal problems to deal with all year that have absolutly had an effect on him.

We've seen flashes but not him at his very best. I don't think it's his fault, I think it's down to us playing at a fraction of our best and with a distinct lack of intensity. If we knocked it around quicker and played with more intent he could be a monster - he's got the pace, the power, the lot

I dont think ANY of our three strikers had a poor season, or midfield did.

I think our strikers' "struggles" are simply lack of service.
Silva = shade of last year self.
Nasri = before Newcastle - is there even need to point out.
Barry = just cant pass for sh*t any more.
Yaya = eh...ok.

You could honestly argue that Milner is our only midfielder who's had a GOOD season.

When you have THAT - you can have Jesus wearing number 9 - he aint scoring many goals.

That's just my opinion though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.