Aguero Prem goals

I don't know about it not being mentioned - have seen plenty of references to his goals per game in the media. It's always a bit qualified with (the truth) "think what he could have achieved if he stayed fit".

They still say the same about Maradona so I'm cool with that. Although usually the word sober instead of fit.

Those 92 goals have come in 10,053 mins which is an average of 1 goal every 109 mins. That's an outstanding record, especially considering it takes him a game or 2 to get into scoring form when he returns from injury.

Aguero's record throughout his entire career (all comps, including internationals) is a goal every 123 mins

Thanks. Shearer might be a cock but 100 goals in 124 games is outstanding.

For a proper comparison you need to see what kind of defences they both scored against, lower half or top half of the table, how many penalties were in the 100! There is also the notion that the comparisons are not particularly valid as the defences these days are a lot tighter. Just look at the set up we get from most teams. I bet Shearer never had to overcome the packed defences we see today.

I'd sooner see Aguero than Shearer in their respective primes any day!

it is easier to score now then it was when the prem first started.......shearer was a beast

Aguero is currently on 92 goals in 138 appearances. When he reaches 100 he will have got there quicker than any other player par Shearer!! The closest other player being Henry who reached 100 in 160 games. This will be a fantastic achievement that you can guarantee will go un-mentioned.

For further reference, Rooney needed 247 games to reach 100 goals.

But he was busy with his Help the Aged project too.

"Apps"

With Aguero's injury issues he's made a lot of 45/30/10 min apps

Probably reach 100 in the least mins

He's only made 18 sub appearances in his city career.

The real reason why it's taken longer is because he always loses a couple of games to get fit again.

fair to say no one will get close to shearer .

as has been mentioned quiet frequently , aguero has the best goals / min ratio

For a proper comparison you need to see what kind of defences they both scored against, lower half or top half of the table, how many penalties were in the 100! There is also the notion that the comparisons are not particularly valid as the defences these days are a lot tighter. Just look at the set up we get from most teams. I bet Shearer never had to overcome the packed defences we see today.

I'd sooner see Aguero than Shearer in their respective primes any day!

To be fair to Shearer, Newcastle were not as good then as we have been in recent years.

I agree about the weaknesses you point out. The stats are indicative rather than authoritative.

Personally, after removing my blue tinted specs, I think Aguero is superior. Although Shearer was very good, Aguero is world class.

Different types of players, shearer would never score some of the goals aguero has, he'd never beat 2 or 3 players to score a goal.

I've yet to see a striker in the premier league like Shearer, a ferocious will to score goals, he isn't a tall lad but would attack crosses like no one else. A truly great striker, let's not forget he suffered multiple serious knee injuries too.

Shearers legacy will always be questioned because he never played at the very top. If he had signed for the scum his record would have been even better.

As much as a knob he is now, if you could clone him he is made to be a premier league centre forward.

Sergio has it all too. Scores a decent amount of headers for someone his size. Tough bastard who will leave his mark on a defender if he has too.

Proven he can do it at the very top.

All things being equal I'd have aguero all day long in my team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.