Aguero??

Has Aguero's overall game dropped due to lack of competition for his place, similar to Hart a few years ago?.

Id suggest not, he's on what? 30 goals for the season this season. And he's been poor for long spells by his standards.

In every other season apart from last, we've had adequate competition and back up in Dzeko et al. Last season Aguero was the only firing striker and he finished on 32 goals. His problem isn't competition, it's the provision of an adequate striker partners for those matches where we benefit from playing another up top, and a fit and firing midfield to provide him with some kind of service.

Nah, I genuinely believe him when he said he won't leave before he wins CL with us and later that he will go to Argentina in 2-3 years. He was treated very well here, he's got contract and we wouldn't let him go anyway.

Still think he wasn't enjoying it on the pitch this year enough, wasn't working enough and I hope Pep will fix that next year. He was good in first half against Arsenal but it's still not the Kun we knew.
He has looked like he has enjoyed playing about as much as the supporters have looked like they have enjoyed watching us. I think it is fair to say this season has been a grind for all of us. To be fair to Sergio though, he has worked his balls off at times when plenty around him have been "disappearing" although that has dropped off a bit in recent weeks. No doubt at all that the whole squad will be reinvigorated by Pep and Sergio will be back to his old self once he is part of a confident and functioning unit again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.