Aguero's team in Argentina, Independiente, relegated...

It's hard to feel for them; they're called "Rojo Diablo".

Falastur said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Oh dear zabbas old club put them
down.

Pellegrini's old club, too.

MihaiCity said:
but in the league they are on 12th place from 20( i see that on flashscore) ...

In Argentina, relegation is decided by a 3-year running average. This system was brought in to prevent the big clubs from getting relegated because they so often end up selling off their best players to Europe and suffering a wobbly season the next season. It also gives newly-promoted clubs a two-year immunity from relegation. On the other hand, it means that if you finish bottom of the table twice in a row, you don't get relegated those seasons but you have to virtually win the league the next season because you are already badly screwed by your rolling average, and so you get clubs being relegated despite some strong performances.

Interesting system, River Plate still got relegated though a few seasons ago.

Don't the Ultras run the ticketing as well, the Barra Brava? They even get percentages of transfer fees as well I think.

Imagine that over here, the ultras group getting money from a club transfer fee?

Football is pretty much a business for fans in Argentina isn't it?

sam-caddick said:
Falastur said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
Oh dear zabbas old club put them
down.

Pellegrini's old club, too.

MihaiCity said:
but in the league they are on 12th place from 20( i see that on flashscore) ...

In Argentina, relegation is decided by a 3-year running average. This system was brought in to prevent the big clubs from getting relegated because they so often end up selling off their best players to Europe and suffering a wobbly season the next season. It also gives newly-promoted clubs a two-year immunity from relegation. On the other hand, it means that if you finish bottom of the table twice in a row, you don't get relegated those seasons but you have to virtually win the league the next season because you are already badly screwed by your rolling average, and so you get clubs being relegated despite some strong performances.

Interesting system, River Plate still got relegated though a few seasons ago.

Don't the Ultras run the ticketing as well, the Barra Brava? They even get percentages of transfer fees as well I think.

Imagine that over here, the ultras group getting money from a club transfer fee?

Football is pretty much a business for fans in Argentina isn't it?

Honestly, I'd never heard that bit. That would be interesting...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.