Air fryer tips

Great bit of kit, I’m no cook but I make great stews and soups with it
plus tuna melts and cheese toasties
It really is the dogs ganglies.
I’ve air fried, used as a rice cooker, roasted, steamed, baked, pressure cooked, fried, even dehydrated a surplus of herbs to keep in jars.

I do roast chicken in mine. Put it in upside down (breast side down, the juice runs into the breast and makes it more succulent). 30-40 mins on 200c then turn over for another 30-40 mins. 1hr 20 is probably max for it but keep checking and make sure it's fully cooked.

Roast potatoes are great, par boil and fluff up the edges, spoon over a bit of oil and give it 30 mins...bang on.

A lot of trial and error involved but it's a lot cheaper than using the oven.

Warm up for a minute or so for certain foods or so they stay together, like meatballs for example.

Fish is delicious from the airfyer. You can wack salmon fillets in and they're done in 8 minutes at 180 degrees

Don’t bugger about cutting up potatoes as suggested elsewhere. Get the frozen ones most of them have air fryer instructions. Takes 14 to 16 minutes with a few shakes along the way. Superb and a lot less faffing about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.