AJ dig at Mancini

des hardi said:
prairiemoon said:
Yeah, he criticized club and manager.

Good riddance.
i don t know which post is worse? the OP or yours?
Frankly, I don't care.

I've never liked AJ and am happy to see him go. He's a snide little worm and these comments reinforce that opinion.

Every time stories like this come out, it just gives me more faith in Mancini. Johnson in particular hasn't exactly been malicious with his comments but he's still treading on common ground with the likes of Bellamy, Bridge, Adebayor, Onuoha, Ireland. All good players in their own right but they all lacked a certain something- mental toughness. Players like Kun, Tevez, Kompany, Hart ect have all been blessed with incredible resilience and determination to match their amazing talents. Johnson spoke of criticism but there's a reason you don't hear Mancini criticising Sergio, it's because there's nothing there to criticise. If both these players had a torrid first half, Johnson would let the doubt creep in, and crawl through the second half just getting by, already defeated. Whereas Kun has that look in his eye as if to say FUCK THIS, and goes all out to try and bag a couple. We're a team of winners, a team of champions. Some players can hack it and some can't. It isn't Adams fault he didn't succeed here, he just simply didn't have the mental capacity to match the talent he had in his feet. He'll do well at Sunderland under a more protected and considerate approach, and I for one wish him all the best.

prairiemoon said:
des hardi said:
prairiemoon said:
Yeah, he criticized club and manager.

Good riddance.
i don t know which post is worse? the OP or yours?
Frankly, I don't care.

I've never liked AJ and am happy to see him go. He's a snide little worm and these comments reinforce that opinion.
fair enough.... but can you quote the snide comments which you claim make him a worm. i ve read it and i see it as fine. a perfect, honest interview where he states the obvious.

this interview like many nowadays ends up like a chinese whisper.... as good as a lie.

we all remember him at `boro , it s why we took him here. i feel adam likes to work with british type managers. that s it....you could wish him well!

i do....he ll not be forgotten by this blue!

Johnson hopes the responsibility of being Sunderland's biggest star will accelerate his progress further. "I think I probably played my best football at Middlesbrough, when I was that sort of guy," he said. "When you go to City, you're playing with world-class players across the pitch, so I didn't have that same responsibility. I don't mind having that sort of pressure.

That says it all for me. Johnson wasn't a strong enough character to be playing alongside the likes of Silva, Aguero and Yaya

mcfc-mark said:
Every time stories like this come out, it just gives me more faith in Mancini. Johnson in particular hasn't exactly been malicious with his comments but he's still treading on common ground with the likes of Bellamy, Bridge, Adebayor, Onuoha, Ireland. All good players in their own right but they all lacked a certain something- mental toughness. Players like Kun, Tevez, Kompany, Hart ect have all been blessed with incredible resilience and determination to match their amazing talents. Johnson spoke of criticism but there's a reason you don't hear Mancini criticising Sergio, it's because there's nothing there to criticise. If both these players had a torrid first half, Johnson would let the doubt creep in, and crawl through the second half just getting by, already defeated. Whereas Kun has that look in his eye as if to say FUCK THIS, and goes all out to try and bag a couple. We're a team of winners, a team of champions. Some players can hack it and some can't. It isn't Adams fault he didn't succeed here, he just simply didn't have the mental capacity to match the talent he had in his feet. He'll do well at Sunderland under a more protected and considerate approach, and I for one wish him all the best.

this is bang on. contrast his attitude with Milner. Both got bit parts last year but Milner just gets stuck in and always puts in a shift - even if he is playing shit!

The Pink Panther said:
Johnson hopes the responsibility of being Sunderland's biggest star will accelerate his progress further. "I think I probably played my best football at Middlesbrough, when I was that sort of guy," he said. "When you go to City, you're playing with world-class players across the pitch, so I didn't have that same responsibility. I don't mind having that sort of pressure.

That says it all for me. Johnson wasn't a strong enough character to be playing alongside the likes of Silva, Aguero and Yaya
Yep, or to paraphrase the quote, "my ego wasn't being stroked like it was at 'boro, and I quite like having my ego stroked."

"I wasnt guaranteed a start because they spent so much on foreign players"

Yada yadda yadda, what a wanker.

prairiemoon said:
The Pink Panther said:

Yep, or to paraphrase the quote, "my ego wasn't being stroked like it was at 'boro, and I quite like having my ego stroked."

"I wasnt guaranteed a start because they spent so much on foreign players"

Yada yadda yadda, what a wanker.

prefer the phrase.

[bigimg]http://bloomdesign.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/14/flake.jpg[/bigimg]

moomba said:
No problem with his quotes, although its a typical footballers mindset to blame any failure on someone else.

He didn't play more because when he got his chance he didn't do enough to warrant a game the next week.

Plenty of times I'd watch him get his chance and wonder if he was going to take his opportunity and press his claims for more game time. He rarely did.

Not just footballers, morelike people in general...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.