AJ Must Improve

bluebannana said:
SWP's back said:
Learn to quote then clarify your question if you want a response

okay? you said

No, he loves himself. Zabba loves the club.

I was asking how do you know Johnson loves himself, based on what assumption? :)[/quote]
Not an assumption.

Look, I want him to be successful, there's a reason the manager knocks him down a peg or two.

Fallingbostel Blue said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2058073/Adam-Johnson-signs-new-year-deal-Manchester-City.html?

Well all that's done is put his price up...

"Are you watching Liverpool?"

I was actually stunned that he came on today when he did. I was expecting Nasri or even Zaba. Lost his man for the 2nd goal, again. He just can't defend. But 4 goals in his last six isn't to be sniffed at.

It's too early and too harsh to be slagging him off quite as much as people are doing on here... But it's Bluemoon(TM), so what else do you expect?

Will be interesting to see if the talk of Liverpool/Spurs dies down now or whether they'll come with a big (£20M+) offer...?

Surely him signing a new 5yr deal will put all this to bed. I even questioned his commitment to becoming an important part of a fantastic squad, but to rip into him for yesterdays performance is beyond belief.
As he came on the pitch he tapped Aguero's hand but was still recieving instructions from Mancini and looking the opposite way to Aguero, yet according to one poster he 'ignored Aguero the fucking ignorant cnut!' (I added the last bit in keeping with this thread)
He came on and within seconds was caught cold between the overlapping midfielder and the forward who was keeping Richards busy having pulled him inside. Johnson tried keeping track but a split second later the player had got behind him. Richards was caught out a few times yesterday but i dont see him being slaughtered? So seconds after coming on and being expected to defend in part of the field he never enters and not knowing if Micah was covering or not he is the biggest cnut ever to grace the shirt?

As for the passage of play where he is supposed to have just given up and kicked the ball away? He was crowded out by three players on the touchline, where was he supposed to go?
The rest of his game was neat and tidy and you could see him setting himself up for the overlapping runners when needed in our half. He also had a massive smile on his face at the end of the game.
This is the most hysterical thread ive seen in a long long time on here...and i dont mean funny hysterical.

Ps. Surely the players that gave them free headers in the box must shoulder the blame so thats Lescott, Savic and Micah? What about the suicidal pass from Milner back past Kolarov where they hit the post from yet another free header?

blueju said:
being expected to defend in part of the field he never enters

Yes he is expected to defend there, that's the whole point which is why people get wound up when he "never enters" there - even on a narrow pitch like QPRs there was a wide open space down our right in the build-up to their 2nd goal.

to me, he seems a fucking idiot. great ability but it's clear to see why mancini is hard on him, to make him a much better player.

but the guy seems to hate the fact he gets criticised. his defending is a shambles and it looks like he goes out a lot on the piss.

mancini has the power to turn him into a world beater but sadly i don't think AJ will let him.

skill is not the problem, he is good enough for us, its his attitude. mancini's harsh words were meant to inspire him, motivate him but due to his attitude, he's taken those words and thought '' fuck this i know i am good '' instead of proving that on the pitch, which would be fine by all acounts, it seems like hes sulking. AJ out, Cerci in me thinks, its a shame cos i fuckin love johnno

lancs blue said:
blueju said:

Yes he is expected to defend there, that's the whole point which is why people get wound up when he "never enters" there - even on a narrow pitch like QPRs there was a wide open space down our right in the build-up to their 2nd goal.
He's an out and out winger, not many of them around these days and i'm pretty sure defending has never been one of his priorities. The way he has been slagged for the goal is ridiculous, he was literally caught cold having only just entered the pitch. He had'nt even kicked the ball and was unsure of where Richards was covering.. Not being a defender will have contributed to this. If you watch the rest of his game you will see how hard he was concentrating on his positioning when they attacked.
again, what about the free headers that blighted us all through the game?

blueju said:
lancs blue said:
blueju said:

He's an out and out winger, not many of them around these days and i'm pretty sure defending has never been one of his priorities. The way he has been slagged for the goal is ridiculous, he was literally caught cold having only just entered the pitch. He had'nt even kicked the ball and was unsure of where Richards was covering.. Not being a defender will have contributed to this. If you watch the rest of his game you will see how hard he was concentrating on his positioning when they attacked.

This debate is about AJ not about the other problems in the match, in the modern game the most successful sides work their bollocks off to get the ball back when they lose possession, ALL the players - nobody is exempt - even Messi has to do it at Barca. If AJ wants to succeed at City he has to make improving his defending a priority asap.

lancs blue said:
blueju said:
lancs blue said:

This debate is about AJ not about the other problems in the match, in the modern game the most successful sides work their bollocks off to get the ball back when they lose possession, ALL the players - nobody is exempt - even Messi has to do it at Barca. If AJ wants to succeed at City he has to make improving his defending a priority asap.

Absolutely correct! Messi does it. I question his attitude at times.

We're not really here said:
lancs blue said:
blueju said:

Absolutely correct! Messi does it. I question his attitude at times.

But in the context of this thread he's being slaughtered for an incident that happened seconds after he came on the pitch and he had several looks to Micah to see if he was going to drop in behind him. One second their player was covered the next he was away. You watch every QPR attack after that down our right he was covering and checking his position.
Suppose some of you have never stepped onto a football pitch late on then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.