AJ not cutting it?

micky_blue

AJ is not impressing....does not really go past players like he was doing

Not sure what else he adds

sigh at this thread

we won, he played good, were top of the league END OF !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

micky_blue said:
AJ is not impressing....does not really go past players like he was doing

Not sure what else he adds

same old issue

the speed we play at defending teams get set up and AJ has three defenders facing him
they style of play away from home would not suit any fookin winger on the face of the planet

Give the lad some slack

ps - i though they were all distinctly average today AJ was one of many

Deffo plays better at home

I thought is was pretty awful today, at times he just gave up on balls completely and frustrated the hell out of me.

Personally I think he's out of his depth in this squad.

mansour's tow ropes said:
bluebannana said:
sigh at this thread

He was not good

he set up ageuro, held the ball up nicely, hit the post and never really gave it away what more do you want. He played a lot better than players that played today like milner.

bluebannana said:
bluebannana said:
sigh at this thread

He was not good

he set up ageuro, held the ball up nicely, hit the post and never really gave it away what more do you want. He played a lot better than players that played today like milner.

Think that was as bad as i have ever seen Milner play for us

bluebannana said:
bluebannana said:
sigh at this thread

He was not good

I want a winger to look dangerous, be positive, beat players, go forward, want the ball, look lively, run down the wing, get some crosses in etc.

Many of which AJ didnt do

the problem with AJ is stamina. He's not a 90 minute player, as you could see after half time he was ineffective

I really don't like knocking our own players and give them a lot more slack than most on here so it really does pain me to say that I whole heartedly agree

You watch him for the full 90 (or however minutes he plays) and I'm always left with a huge feeling of disappointment. Take today, I can think of only two moments that represented real quality, the shot that hit the post and the dribble into the box that he cut back to Silva. The rest of it was the usual mixed bag or over run attempts at dribbling and underhit passes. His workrate doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of his teammates and I can fully understand why Roberto is sometimes left tearing his hair out

I still maintain that he is more an impact player against a really tiring FB in the last 30 of a game when we are looking for the kill.

What also frustrates me are all the people that see the highlights and then slag Mancini off for not giving him more minutes, if only they saw the rest of his game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.