AJ or Bale?

Bigga said:
Far from 'conclusion' in so many ways!! Who else challenges Bale for his position?? I'll tell you, NOBODY. Bale will get picked every game whereas AJ has to fit in with the plan of the week.

If AJ had been bought at the beginning of Hughes' tenure, we'd see a different picture regarding these two players.

Without doubt.

Maybe not conclusive but surely you agree that the scales are largely tipped in Bales favour. In fantasy football you dont need to have a left sided player - it can be any midfielder. So 41% of people playing that game (there are over 1 million) have chosen bale out of all midfielders and only 5 AJ

Definitely Bale at the moment, he's in brilliant form and looks a class act. Hhe's got a bit of an advantage in that he's been at spurs longer than AJ's been here and he's been playing consistently in the prem for longer, so hopefully AJ can catch him up over the next season or two

id say the two have different styles of play, Adam Johnson is more of an attacking player always looking to take on the first man, where as Bale is also a great attacking midfield he is more tactically aware of his surroundings.

Bale for me at the moment on current form however i Adam Johnson is not far off and has the better potential of becoming the better player in time due to his skill and his ability.

WOuld love Bale to be english though!

waspish said:
We will go in for him next summer bale on the left AJ on the right Milner in the middle. Thats what we are all about now buying quality young players. With spurs not finishing in the top four this season plus Tottenham being a selling club I feel if we go for him next summer we will get him... Mourinho says so.

wow that's not an arrogant post at all!

Spurs fan in peace said:
waspish said:
We will go in for him next summer bale on the left AJ on the right Milner in the middle. Thats what we are all about now buying quality young players. With spurs not finishing in the top four this season plus Tottenham being a selling club I feel if we go for him next summer we will get him... Mourinho says so.

wow that's not an arrogant post at all!
Hahaha just trying reel a spurs fan In I see I caught one. I think it should be comparisons between Milner and bale I feel they will play on the same side of the field all season and assists and goals Milners going to win on that account going on previous season stats. Bale at the moment is going through a spell of top quality football. It's when he has his dip in form will his dip in form give him a 5 or 6 out of 10 or Milner who want drop below a 7 out of 10.

Right now I would say it has to be Bale, he played superbly at the end of last season against all comers including CHelsea Arsenal and ourselves. AJ tended to dissapear a bit in the biggest games.
Having said that I think AJ has the more natural talent, he reminds me of Chris Waddell and I think he will just keep on getting better. Not to say Bale is not talented he has a sweet left foot and takes a great free kick but I feel he relies a bit more on speed and is certainly more one footed.
Will be interesting to revisit in a couple of years, AJ may well overtake but on recent form i would have to give it to Bale

Red Wings said:
On a neutral forum I'd say that 9/10 would pick Bale.
Can't really compare, AJ and Bale, they are both 2 different types of players. I think Bale has created or scored 16 of their last 18 league goals or something ridiculous like that, he was certainly pivotal in getting them to the CL.

Tell you what though, if we get into the Champions League this year then Bobby - you know the drill ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.