AJ real thoughts to the City Fans

oakiecokie said:
Adam Johnson has assured City fans that he is at the club for the long haul and desperate to play a key role in bringing trophies to the City of Manchester Stadium.
The young England winger, who came off the bench against France at Wembley, admits his frustration can sometimes get the better of him as he battles for a regular place in Roberto Mancini's side.

But despite an interview suggesting he might consider leaving, he is adamant that he sees his future with the Blues - especially after the way in which fans have taken him to their hearts since his move in January.

Adam admitted: "The first thing I thought, when you read something like that, is the fans will think I want to get away. That hurt, because I care more about what the fans think than what anybody else thinks.

"I think the fans understand that I just want to play. When I play I try to give 100 per cent every time, and I think that comes across in the way that I play. I've had a few texts, mostly light-hearted.

"I think the fans want me to be playing, but there's a quality squad at this club and we all have to fight for our place. That's how it is, and I have to accept that. But it's great to have that rapport with our fans.

"I said something in a moment of frustration and things can get blown out of proportion. I am happy here. I love playing football more than anything, and I'd love to play in every game.

But it would be wrong to think I want to leave. I don't. I've got good people around me - the lads here have been great - and the City fans have taken to me, which is the main thing for me

Johnson had to show plenty of patience at Middlesbrough, where he spent a long time playing second fiddle to his pal Stewart Downing before Aston Villa swooped for Downing in a move that allowed AJ to blossom.

He said: "I came up through the ranks at Middlesbrough, but from the day I stepped in the door here for my first game, everything just seemed to click with the fans.

"Every time I warm up on the touchline they're singing my name. That's the best thing for me about being a substitute. I hate being on the bench, but the reception I get when I warm up makes it a bit better!

"But football has its ups and downs, and as a young player you have to learn to deal with that. My future is here long-term, without a doubt. I've only been here eight months but my career has already changed for the better.

"It would be stupid to want to leave. In an ideal world, I'd play every game to help the club succeed. Hopefully we'll start the ball rolling and win something this season. I just want to play my part and make everyone happy.”

Well have we all been a bit quick and slaughtered the lad,after the initial thoughts to the Scum ??
Hopefully it looks like it.
South Stand. Always sing his name when he's warming him. Anyways, reading this has made me like the lad even more! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Adam Johnson!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
People are easily placated or soft-soaped.

He's simply had his knuckles wrapped and misread the fall-out his comments have caused.

I would have had more respect for him to stick to his earlier admissions.

A U-turn in the space of 48 hours, since he got back to City from England camp.

Next week, Balotelli, it was lost in translation, I'm not really a bog-mouthed clown.

So your mind's made up on them two then...?

Funny how you take just one version as the truth. And that's the negative one!? Very poor.

Mancio, who's Italian, confirmed that what Balo actually said wasn't as bad as had been reported. And now AJ has come out and apologised for giving the wrong impression... But that's not good enough?

It's about time more people got behind the team/club/players. We need to stand together at the moment... If a City fan can't see the positives these days, then I don't know when they ever will.

fair play to him. to be honest i like the guy but at the moment i dont think he can hack playing in the premiership week in week out. he needs to keep improving

Good to read, he's got a long way to go but he can be great if he listens to whats needed to be told to him. When he came on against France he was doing exactly what Mancini doesn't want; its all well and good if you can beat a man but don't try it all the time, sometimes just cross or pass the ball. Another thing to help him would be to get Richards out, it's bad enough he's shite but the last thing we need is for him to be disrupting our best/better players.

Seosa said:
Good to read, he's got a long way to go but he can be great if he listens to whats needed to be told to him. When he came on against France he was doing exactly what Mancini doesn't want; its all well and good if you can beat a man but don't try it all the time, sometimes just cross or pass the ball. Another thing to help him would be to get Richards out, it's bad enough he's shite but the last thing we need is for him to be disrupting our best/better players.

For me that my biggest bugbear with him, is knowing when and how to look at other options when other team members are around you,especially in the penalty area.
Seems to try either too hard and tries the sometimes impossible,because he his young and wants to be the hero.
He should think back to the Liverpool game was it ,when he calmly picked out Barry ??
More of that please,young man.

i dont think he realised or expected the reaction he would get from the fans over his comments,once he found out it was (IF U DONT LIKE IT FCKOFF) he bottled it an has had to backtrack,
just get ur head down an do what u do best

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.