Ajax Vs City CL In Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it obvious? We need Nasri alongside Barry in the middle. I understand Nasri is capable of classy goals like that, but he isn't exactly beating people outside and sending in crosses. His talents are ball retention and technical quality/accuracy, which is exactly what we're lacking in the transition from defense to attack!

Very rare I'm not at the match so this is the first time I've sampled the in-match thread. Wow

We finally get possession then pass it back to Hart who hoofs it, giving them back possession!!!!
We seem to lack any confidence to pass the ball through the team.
Surely Mancini cant be encouraging this?

unfortunately I'm starting to accept the fact that under mancini we will never perform to the best of our potential in europe - for some reason we just never play as well as we do in the league

taconinja said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Why do we go into hibernation in the CL? No urgency at all.
The opposition knows they can press us and get possession back easily is a big reason. We don't hold the ball well enough.

This all day fucking long. As soon as Ajax press our players we pass back until the ball reaches our defense and it's either twatted up the pitch or passed to hart...to twat it up the pitch.

How many times has their keeper twatted it up the pitch?

Simply put, our defense cannot keep the ball under pressure. Whether there is a lack of showing by our midfield (it's hard to tell on the telly) or whether our defense just doesn't have the confidence as a collective to pass their way around two or three Ajax attackers (more likely) the end product is City losing possession. At this level that means you eventually concede goals.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Absolutely fucking pitiful seeing Aguero being forced to play wide left.

That whole flank has left Clichy exposed and ball was crying out for Ajax to switch it quicker.

Barry and Lescott will never be up to this level.

right Barry and Lescott aren't good enough but Liverpool reject Ryan f*cking Babel is, jesus wept.

tommo74 said:
deano ou812 said:
Well regardless of group of deaths or not,we will need a few more years yet to get used to playing at this level....

What level is this ? As far as I am aware it is a game of football, we play teams better week in week out in the prem, I don't get all this champions league rubbish, it is 11 vs 11 same as in the league , so it is no different level at all

Not to mention nearly everyone of our players has played CL numerous times before. Yaya Toure won a CL final ffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.