Ajax Vs City CL Post Game Discussion Thread

Re: What Links Halifax & Ajax

In 1980/1 NASA spent £10 million and got to the moon..............

City spent £8.5 million and only got as far as Halifax........

CTID101 said:
bluemc1 said:
CTID101 said:
Imo last night was not Mancinis fault it was the players. He put out the best team we had and they didn't perform.

People blaming him for going 5 at the back well for most of the game we played our best formation with the best players avaliable. When it was clear that wasn't working he like any manager tried to change it and threw everyone he could forward.

Yesterday lies with the players imo too many players we rely on didn't turn up.

Is that Mancinis fault? Theae are professionals, champions in fact and they produce that.

he put out are best team ? so you think tevez on the bench is are best team
Considering he hasn't scored for weeks yes. I see the best team as the one that is in form and playing well.

Haven't seen anything from Tevez these past few weeks that would say he deserves to start.

On paper he is in the team but we don't play on paper so we go with who is playing well.

scored 4 in 4 to start gillette said he was are best player away for 2 games and were gobsmacked when mancini took him off, plays upfront alone v madrid, runs everywhere v west brom hes not playing bad is he ? who would you play v mertasacker ? have you seen anything from Dzeko starting v arsenal and dortmund to say you should do it v ajax aswell ? has he done it in those big games when given the chance ? hey i dont mind Dzeko but hes no Tevez not by a long way,

Hasn't scored for weeks but runs around alot so he should start. Lol.

Fact is Dzeko was in the best goal scoring form coming into this game so logic would say start him. I wouldn't personally have started him but he did.

Re: What Links Halifax & Ajax

djm68 said:
....apart from the 'ax' at the end.

Well for us of a certain age, the Cup defeat to Halifax will always appear in one of the worst five moments of following City. One of the most ridiculous elements of that game was City getting a free-kick on the edge of the area and then seeing Steve Daley look over to Malcolm Allison and ask something along the lines of "What do you want me to do here?".

Last night, the players played in such an inhibited way because of their instructions and they appeared similarly confused. The number of times they looked over to the bench suggested they were too dependent on instructions rather than getting on with playing their normal game.

I think that the complex instructions the players are currently being given is instrumental in the poor form of Company this season. It is hard for him to be a leader when his head is full of instructions he is clearly not comfortable with.
i cant for the life of me understand why when a sub is coming in with 10 minutes to go, they have to show him pictures and right things on a piece of paper for him.

why not say its 3-1 put yourself about, put them under pressure and make something happen !!! for fucksake they have all week to draw pictures and show what zone you will be in for a corner. its over coaching !!!

CTID101 said:
Hasn't scored for weeks but runs around alot so he should start. Lol.

Fact is Dzeko was in the best goal scoring form coming into this game so logic would say start him. I wouldn't personally have started him but he did.

think we both know he does alot more than runs round but gave you credit for knowing what i meant , my mistake does logic say play grant holt or ricky lambert v san marino over rooney ? we all know we got more chance with tevez than Dzeko so just pick your best fuckin team

Tevez is better than Dzeko I am not disputing that but with the form Dzeko was in Mancini simply had to play him.

Tevez has looked poor recently whereas Dzeko has been on fire so saying we would have more chance with Tevez is wrong IMO.

I have no doubt Tevez will start v Swansea and I hope he can get scoring again because a firing Tevez is what we need if we are going to have any chance of qualifying from our group.

CTID101 said:
Tevez is better than Dzeko I am not disputing that but with the form Dzeko was in Mancini simply had to play him.

Tevez has looked poor recently whereas Dzeko has been on fire so saying we would have more chance with Tevez is wrong IMO.

I have no doubt Tevez will start v Swansea and I hope he can get scoring again because a firing Tevez is what we need if we are going to have any chance of qualifying from our group.

fair enough i just think these tough games where you need to make rather than wait for something to happen Tevez the more likely, Dzeko a goalscorer but not much else

CTID101 said:

I dont think Tevez all round play has been poor.

Never thought we'd get out of this group. Surprised so many on here are moaning. The pot system favours the big guns. We all knew it was going to be very very difficult.

I was disappointed with the performance but that back-heel by Balotelli pissed me off so much. Thought it epitomised our night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.