Alan Hansen

Hopefully he will be ok ..I remember seeing him play and as some on here have mentioned he was a class defender..
Hansen was a fantastic defender. I would say one of the best I have seen play and he would walk into any team in the modern era. Very fast and very smart. Very underrated. Hope he pulls through.

Brilliant pundit. Never showed any bias, always seemed balanced. Wonderful player, can you imagine him at his pomp carrying the ball out in this Pep team?

Get well and hope you beat what ails you.

"His most memorable moment on the Premier League highlights programme came in 1995 when he famously responded to a Manchester United defeat at Aston Villa by insisting: "You can't win anything with kids."

That team - which included Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt and David Beckham - won the FA Cup and Premier League Double that season.

If Slimon Stone or some other rag superfluously included that in a story about him being seriously ill just to make a point then they are truly wankers

Hope he recovers but doesn't sound good. Honestly as you get older cherish every day, laugh when you can, treat those who like you with respect and fuck the rest.

There's a thread about Prostate Cancer started by @A57 the snake take a bit of time to read the stories of our fellow blues and what they're going through, most 50's plus. If you're in that age range evaluate your life, don't carry on working if you don't need to/want to, enjoy your time. You could live until a ripe old age but make the most of your golden years.

Good luck to Alan, 68 is not old these days, wish him all the best.

BBC Sport were very quick to bring up his "You don't win anything with kids" quote.

They should be talking about his achievements and nothing else. I can't see a former Rag being any good at football punditry.

Get well soon Big Al.
Well, to be fair to them they might quote 'never in my lifetime' when the GPC is ill again.......I doubt it though.

"His most memorable moment on the Premier League highlights programme came in 1995 when he famously responded to a Manchester United defeat at Aston Villa by insisting: "You can't win anything with kids."

That team - which included Paul Scholes, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Nicky Butt and David Beckham - won the FA Cup and Premier League Double that season.

If Slimon Stone or some other rag superfluously included that in a story about him being seriously ill just to make a point then they are truly wankers
They are truly utter wankers at the BBC nowadays -in the past they were far more Professional and employed Alan Hansen for decades as a balanced unbiased pundit and they weren’t wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.