Alan Pardew

I heard that Pardew 'owed' Mike Ashley something or other, so was hired on the cheap. Ashley is canny enough to put some clauses in that contract and I doubt he will have to cough up the remaining years if he gives Pards the boot - if he goes it will be by 'mutual consent'.

In all fairness while an 8 year contract may seem a little strange I and many fans applaud the sentiment. For the position we are in and the constraints within which the club is being run I not sure anyone else would be able to do much better so I am personally happy with Pardiola.

Think once we get players fit (and hopefully make one or two additions in january) I expect us to have enough to stay up and finish mid table.

ChrisNUFC said:
In all fairness while an 8 year contract may seem a little strange I and many fans applaud the sentiment. For the position we are in and the constraints within which the club is being run I not sure anyone else would be able to do much better so I am personally happy with Pardiola.

Think once we get players fit (and hopefully make one or two additions in january) I expect us to have enough to stay up and finish mid table.
There's no way your mob will go down. But you definitely over-performed last season. And an 8 year contract? Even the Trafford pisspot doesn't get one of those.

Churchill123 said:
I think we can all agree Newcastle and Pardew had a stormer of a season last year and did far better than most would have expected, and so the board at the bar codes offered Pardew a contract for something like 5 years (maybe even longer can't remember exactly but was the longest contract to date I believe) can't help but think after seeing them this year that the board must now be wondering why the hell they did it!

Are Newcastle in a false position or are they really that bad!?..

they have had a terrible injury list this season cabaye out for ages, ben arfe out and steven and ryan taylor.

for the 0-3 against the scum they didnt have a first choice goal keeper or defender

r.soleofsalford said:
Churchill123 said:
I think we can all agree Newcastle and Pardew had a stormer of a season last year and did far better than most would have expected, and so the board at the bar codes offered Pardew a contract for something like 5 years (maybe even longer can't remember exactly but was the longest contract to date I believe) can't help but think after seeing them this year that the board must now be wondering why the hell they did it!

Are Newcastle in a false position or are they really that bad!?..

they have had a terrible injury list this season cabaye out for ages, ben arfe out and steven and ryan taylor.

for the 0-3 against the scum they didnt have a first choice goal keeper or defender

Still hoped they would do us a favour, and was also fucking gutted when they let united in for a 90th min winner at the swap the other week!

I think Pardew is doing a great job at Newcastle.I like the fact he upset Bacon face.Newcastle have had a lot of injuries this season that hasnt helped.

yeseye said:
Churchill123 said:
Was it 8!! Bloody hell makes it seem even more mad now! Think fat mike Ashley is wondering why he gave him such a long deal now? Surely if he gets sacked early he'll get a lovely pay off!
Only 1 yr apparently .
Why would you agree to an 8-year deal but with only a 1-year pay off, when you could sign for 4 years and be fully covered? Doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

He signed the 8 year contract well in advance of them doing well last year.

Not sure, but I think it could of been as soon as he signed on. Ashley wanted to get rid of the stigma attached to the club with the huge amount of managerial turnover.

Darkhorse said:

Not sure, but I think it could of been as soon as he signed on. Ashley wanted to get rid of the stigma attached to the club with the huge amount of managerial turnover.

Think Roman will do the same at chavski and sign raffa for 8 years then :P

Churchill123 said:
Darkhorse said:

Think Roman will do the same at chavski and sign raffa for 8 years then :P
More likely by 8 new manages in a year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.