Alan Shearer

And that's precisely why he should command some respect from us. When linked to a move from Blackburn in 1996, I recall United supporting 'friends' of mine declaring that it was a step up he couldn't possibly refuse. Refuse it he did though, in favour of Newcastle. From that point onwards, the rags hated him with a vengeance. While it pains me to say it, he'd have won numerous honours playing under the red-nosed twat. At Newcastle, he won nothing.

Shearer was a monster of a player, just don't get him as a pundit he flip flops around spouting stuff for the people who pay his wage.

But what a player.

And that's precisely why he should command some respect from us. When linked to a move from Blackburn in 1996, I recall United supporting 'friends' of mine declaring that it was a step up he couldn't possibly refuse. Refuse it he did though, in favour of Newcastle. From that point onwards, the rags hated him with a vengeance. While it pains me to say it, he'd have won numerous honours playing under the red-nosed twat. At Newcastle, he won nothing.
I dont think it was just down to him i think Walker was hell bent on not selling him to Utd .............Bobby Robson was in for him and was told by Walker he was also not for sale .............they went after the Original Ronaldo instead and that turned out ok

On a bit of a football high now the season has started again, and I stumbled across one of Micah, Lineker and Shearer's programmes for an hour. Shearer is his normal self of course (if we would have done this, if we would have done that... etc),but it got me thinking....Is Shearer the biggest underachiever of all time? The question is always Henry, Shearer, or Aguero. But on top of Shearer's goal scoring instinct, he was also so dirty on the pitch. Henry and Sergio achieved so much, but did Shearer epically underachieve?
Who has ever said Henry or Aguero under achieved?

Shearer was a monster of a player, just don't get him as a pundit he flip flops around spouting stuff for the people who pay his wage.

But what a player.

He really was - phenomenal footballer. Loved his aggression.

However, bit of a shite pundit and talks a load of fucking shite.

My missus knows him quite well. She knows bugger all about football and says he's a lovely bloke, and his wife is lovely, too.

What the fuck do I know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.