Alan Turing

cibaman said:
http://www.newstatesman.com/david-allen-green/2013/07/putting-right-wrong-done-alan-turing

Some interesting details about the case, such as that it was Turing's barrister that proposed the chemical castration. 75,000 similar offenses. Also how meaningless a pardon is in legal terms (it does not remove the conviction). And a proposed better approach which on the face of it seems to make sense

I know to have it done professionally so he is properly not a criminal as such is correct, but anyone with a braincell knows he was a true genius and certainly don't think it should in any any way tarnish him because he liked cock.

The others who preferred same sex relationships and were mithered for it......I hope they get justice.

mcmanus said:
cibaman said:
http://www.newstatesman.com/david-allen-green/2013/07/putting-right-wrong-done-alan-turing

Some interesting details about the case, such as that it was Turing's barrister that proposed the chemical castration. 75,000 similar offenses. Also how meaningless a pardon is in legal terms (it does not remove the conviction). And a proposed better approach which on the face of it seems to make sense

I know to have it done professionally so he is properly not a criminal as such is correct, but anyone with a braincell knows he was a true genius and certainly don't think it should in any any way tarnish him because he liked cock.

The others who preferred same sex relationships and were mithered for it......I hope they get justice.

There were probably loads of men in gay relationships in and around the Royal Family and the higher echelons at the time. The queens own uncle for a start.
That's what annoys and sickens when you see and understand the hypocrisy of those times.

mackenzie said:
mcmanus said:
cibaman said:

There were probably loads of men in gay relationships in and around the Royal Family and the higher echelons at the time. The queens own uncle for a start.
That's what annoys and sickens when you see and understand the hypocrisy of those times.

Different times for sure mackensie. Seeing the older lads laugh like fuck at the gayest, campest mother fucker who runs our local is truly weird. I worried when he got the gig.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.