Albums with no bad tracks

OK, managed to get through the albums I ordered on the back of recommendations by Bluemooners. I said I would put my opinions of each of the albums I ordered on Bluemoon. As I said before, music is very much a personal taste, so please don't have a dig if I don't agree with your opinion (it's all very subjective):

Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children. Sounds like experimental electronic music but with updated bass. I would be absolutely stunned if they hadn't listened to Dignity of Labour by The Human League, as some of it is very, very reminiscent of that EP. I quite enjoyed it myself, as I'm into electronic stuff, and I have a feeling that this will grow on me (normally the sign of a good album). Track 3 is fucking eerie - just some kid saying 'I Love You' over and over again to some weird stuff in the background - I certainly wouldn't listen to it myself in a darkened room!

Lift To Experience - The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads. Love this. Lots of great guitars, and the lead singers voice is excellent (southern American Texas drawl). I don't really know what I'd liken them to, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear Nick Cave do this sort of thing. Certainly won't be everyones cup of tea, but I will be listening to this a lot over the next few weeks (have it on as I'm typing). Great stuff....

Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape. Not my cup of tea this one. Far too heavy, and I turned it off after the third track. I felt like an old man, as I actually said it was 'just a noise'.

Muse - Origin of Symmetry. Really love the music on this (indie), and it's something I would listen to a lot, but I just can't get used to the lead singers vocals. A little bit like Tom Yorke, but (in my opinion) not as engaging. The vocals actually ruin it for me. Mind you, it's highly subjective, and I'm sure anyone who loves this would find the vocals on Lift To Experience as annoying.

Have also got Autechre (Amber) to listen to, but it'll take a week to get round to that.

Cheers to whoever it was who recommended Lift To Experience (love it) and Boards of Canada.

Ok declaring age.

Beatles - red and blue greatest hits
Abba - all albums
Sex Pistols - great rock and roll swindle and never mind the bollocks
Blondie - parallel lines
ELO Out of the Blue

pauldominic said:
Ok declaring age.

Beatles - red and blue greatest hits
Abba - all albums
Sex Pistols - great rock and roll swindle and never mind the bollocks
Blondie - parallel lines
ELO Out of the Blue
Would agree with the Sex Pistols there Paul, but I'm not having it that Abba had an album with no bad tracks! Maybe their Best Of, but that's it..... :-)

Enjoy the melodic sunshine-Cosmic roughriders (Recommended for acoustic guitar lovers)
Joseph Arthur-Nuclear Day
Hunky Dory-Bowie
Bridge Over Troubled Water-Simon and Garfunkel
Tamla Motown Chartbusters Volume 3
Tamla Motown Chartbusters Volume 4
I Can See Clearly Now –Johnny Nash

images

6a00d834332c0d53ef00e5550b3fac8834-800wi

7607.Ride-_2D00_-Nowhere.jpg

mos_def_black_on_both_sides_1999_retail_cd-front.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.