Albums with no bad tracks

Mikem93 said:
The killers - Hot Fuss

Good shout. I hate Brandon Flowers, but I can't deny that The Killers' debut was actually a pretty good album. 'Somebody Told Me' should go down as one of the top 100 rock songs for me.

However, Sam's Town and their latest effort were average and poor respectively.<br /><br />-- April 3rd, 2011, 12:18 pm --<br /><br />
malg said:
The reason I started this thread was to get ideas for new CDs. The first 3 CDs arrived this week, and I did say I would put my thoughts on here. Also, I did say music divided opinions as much as religion and politics - however, at least no one got into fights about music, so no moaning if I don't like your stuff! Anyway:

AC/DC - Back in Black. Brilliant. Even on the first listen I didn't skip a single track. I don't have any of this kind of stuff in my collection, but this has made me think again. Some of the guitar work is awesome, and the production is excellent.

Bonobo - Black Sands. Fans of electronic music will enjoy this one - very good bass, and in my opinion it needs to be played with plenty of volume. It sounds like the kind of stuff that Leftfield would do if they were stoned. Mostly instrumental, and where the vocals do come in they're a bit haunting/hypnotic. Also reminded me a bit of early Moby.

LIbertines - Up The Bracket. Didn't get this one at all. Listened to it twice, and would never listen to it again - didn't enjoy any of the tracks. They sounded like a school band who've just listened to a lot of punk stuff then tried to do it themselves. Not my cup of tea at all.

The following are on their way, so I will get my views about them next week:

Foo Fighters - The Colour and The Shape
Muse - Origin of Symmetry
Autechre - Amber
Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right to Children
Lift to Experience - The Texas Jerusalem Crossroad
Are Crystal Castles and Arctic Monkeys also on their way?

Never Mind The Bollocks - Sex Pistols
Hysteria - Def Leppard
American Idiot - Green Day
That's Life - Sham 69
Imflammable Material - Stiff Little Fingers
Nobodys Heroes - Stiff Little Fingers
Hot Fuss - The Killers
Sams Town - The Killers
Reckless - Bryan Adams
Cuts Like A Knife - Bryan Adam
All Change - Cast
Slippery When Wet - Bon Jovi
Whats The Story - Oasis
Different Class - Pulp
Give Em Enough Rope - The Clash
Back In Black - AC-DC
Employment - Kaiser Chiefs

Van Halen - 1984

Cheap Trick - Dream Police

Queen - Queen II

Thin Lizzy - Bad Reputation

REM - Murmur

Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More From The Road

Cheap Trick - Music For Hangovers

Prince - Purple Rain

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.