Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has always been a standout in the EDS and more than deserved his promotion to the first team.

Pep certainly knows a player when he sees one and Aleix will become a fan favourite without a doubt. Oozes class with his technique, awareness, vision, etc, and will become a big asset in midfield with those long & direct passes.

It also proves a point that more young players can have an impact at first team level if given the chance. Yes, Angelino didn't cover himself in glory, but like Iheanacho has already proven they're good enough to push senior players out of the squad.

Everyone has talked about the positives, so I won't repeat them, but I, personally, would have loved to see more tenacity off the ball defensive and more forward passes.

Bright future for this lad.
Thing is though, it'd be a lot easier for him to play forward passes with our first team - there's better movement. Sané and Iheanacho were just not involved at all. Swap in Sterling and Aguero and it's a whole different ball game. Garcia was regularly looking forward for a pass and then looking safer once he'd decided nobody was in a good position. I know what you're saying but I only think it's a fair criticism if he's still doing that with our best players.

Looks like the real deal.exciting.
First team football doesn't seem to faze him at all.Looks more and more like Pirlo each time I watch him.
I would start him alongside fernandinho on Saturday.Would give gundogan an extra hour off at least.

Played really well, especially after his goal when his confidence seemed to ratchet up a few notches.

Agree it's difficult on where to play him. I felt he dropped a bit too deep last night, leaving Kelechi isolated, but he maybe doesn't have the physical strength to play the lone pivot role yet. If we are to partner him with Fernando or Fernandinho in more of a 4231 then that 2 needs to play a bit further up the pitch and not drop quite so deep into the defence.

Or the system could adapt. The full backs could be given more attacking responsibility, the CBs told to split further and both DMs told to drop between them to recreate the back 4 when we have the ball. Or he might be more comfortable with 3 CBs behind him in a wing back system if Pep wants to try that.

Or he might have to bide his time a little and wait for Fernandinho to start slowing down and himself to get a bit stronger.

Bright future though.

I hope FC Twente are watching him, I would rather send him there where he will play every week and develop.

Here it will be very hard for him to play regularly.

I hope FC Twente are watching him, I would rather send him there where he will play every week and develop.

Here it will be very hard for him to play regularly.

Judging by the way he played last night, he'll get at least 10 games with significant minutes this season, which is important for our squad never mind the player. Add to that he got 15 minutes against Bournemouth. He has a role to play in our side, doesn't need to play every game in a poorer side when he could play a decent amount in Pep's side.

Loaning him out would be an awful move, not only for him but us as well.

I firmly believe those Pep wants to work with are still here. Those who he doesn't or who are very young, are hooked out on loan. Which brings us back to nearly 22-year old Mr Denayer, who could easily have been kept. But wasn't.

I firmly believe those Pep wants to work with are still here. Those who he doesn't or who are very young, are hooked out on loan. Which brings us back to nearly 22-year old Mr Denayer, who could easily have been kept. But wasn't.

I think that it is best to keep the discussion about Denayer on his thread, and leave this for thread to discuss Aleix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.