Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he can still do a job as full back. Presumably he stays next year as back up FB and CB.

Looks like he can still do a job as full back. Presumably he stays next year as back up FB and CB.

Definitely and a very good left sided centre back in a 4 or a 3. I would keep both Kola and Zabba, give them 2 year deals, bring in 2 new full backs and sell Clichy and Sagna. Both showed last night they can do a good job for us. Ya Ya absolutely must stay too !

Definitely and a very good left sided centre back in a 4 or a 3. I would keep both Kola and Zabba, give them 2 year deals, bring in 2 new full backs and sell Clichy and Sagna. Both showed last night they can do a good job for us. Ya Ya absolutely must stay too !
I think Kolarov's contract already includes 2018, so he will per definition stay. I am like you also thinking about 2 new full backs, with Kolarov and ideally Maffeo as back up's.
About Yaya I am of the opinion we should let him go with all our thanks for his years with us. I would love us to sign for example Fabinho for this position.

I think Kolarov's contract already includes 2018, so he will per definition stay. I am like you also thinking about 2 new full backs, with Kolarov and ideally Maffeo as back up's.

This. First-choice LB and RB are the priority in any case, but given the fact that 3/4 of our full backs have expiring contracts this summer (Clichy, Zab, Sagna), Kolarov will surely stay. Only PL or maybe Turkish teams in Europe could afford his wages but I guess they won't want to pay a penny to us and there is not even a point selling him I think, given he's having a solid season and is a great option for either LB and CB.

And as you say, Maffeo could be a backup to the new signing at RB, even though I love Zab and given how sentimental I am towards him, would be nice to see him in his 10th season at City. :)

He did do okay I agree but given they didn't look to cross the halfway line kola want asked to defend much which when playing left back he often makes mistakes. He's had a good season when at cb and tbf I think he always does well against Utd

If he accepts his role as a backup he would prove a valuable squad member for next year and maybe beyond. He's pretty durable and seems popular among the players and coaches.
A year at a time for him and Yaya IMO.

Who told this turd he can shoot?

I'd liken him to one of those longest drive golfers, can smash the ball hard but can't play golf.

"Oooh look at me with my hammer of a left foot that never produces anything"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.