Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were at least 2 AMAZING cross field passes last night, one right in front of me to a useless Navas who turned back with it. He tried penetrating balls into the forward players nearly every time as well, its pretty clear that's why Pep likes him.

his focus and concentration levels for 90 minutes is chalk and cheese to last season.

Count me in on the humble pie, crow eating, etc. Found a diamond in the rough for our 4th CB. Like @Dax777 said he may very well be our starting LB.

PEP: (On Kolarov) As a central defender it’s difficult to find a better one. We’re happy to have another option to play in that position.

Go ALEKS!

Been really surprised with how well he's done at CB. Think he alot better in that position than at fullback. Gets exposed with pace when playing the fullback position, so hopefully Pep moves him inside where his game seems to have really improved and has had a new lease of life!

Absolutely loving this. Intriguing to see how often he plays this season at CB. His performances there in competitive games have been very good. Pep obviously likes the fact that Kola can break the opposition lines from CB and that he is not afraid to try to. I agree that his biggest weakness as a full back is lack of pace but it does not get exposed quite so much playing inside.

The battle at left back will be interesting; especially as the FB's are being asked to move into central midfield at times. I've mentioned this before but over a few seasons Clichy was ranked, by the Fink Tank, as the most consistent defender in the league. I don't recall many of the other names high on the list of players but it was the kind of top players you might expect e.g. Lampard. What was quite striking was that, IIRC, the second highest placed defender on the most consistent players list was Kolarov. So, getting them both in the team regularly might not be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.