Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
same. It's amazing how much he's taken to peps tactics. Hope he keeps it up and doesn't return to his old self of smashing everytime he gets it
He's always been quality when on the ball. The problem with Kolarov is that on occasion he has had really bad games and he doesn't have the pace that Clichy does so a few wingers can get him on the back foot.

Kolarov has really surprised me. Pep seems genuinely pleased to have him. Missing out on Laporte is the reason Kolarov is getting some games at CB too IMO.
But i was almost convinced that he would leave this summer. Now i can actually see him finishing his contract here. Which ends in 2018.

Bet the bookies would have had him as fav to be the first up the road when pep first came, looks brill up to now.

Pep used black magic. No other explanation!

But in all seriousness, Kolarov always had the skill. It's his focus and workrate that went awry many times. Sometimes he just looked like he has no idea what's going and just sort of hover around with no purpose. Or he would bomb forward and walk back to defence. Pep fixed these 2 things.

It just so happens that this is a role he's perfectly suited for.
He's always been underrated on here when playing fullback because he sometimes gets beaten for pace but his ball skills and reading of the game have always been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.