Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone always said Pep would take a random player, push him into a new position and it would be a revelation. Given what he has done at other clubs I was expecting it myself too. Did I expect that it would be Kolarov or that the transformation would be quite so dramatic? Not in a million years. I was always frustrated with him as a player, but he always came across really well as a person. I couldn't be more pleased for the guy.

Who'd have thunk?

Aleksandar Kolarov being applauded when he ran out to start his first warm-up.

From Zero to Super Hero in less then a handful of games!

Anyone think the real Kolarov will be back soon or do you genuinely think Pep has transformed him permanently .....
We will if he is played at full back,because he isnt one,never has been imo.

I never even thought about him as a centre half but,through genius or necessity,it does appear he's found his calling.

Anyone think the real Kolarov will be back soon or do you genuinely think Pep has transformed him permanently .....
I think as a centre back he does have everything Pep requires. He's tall, good in the air, good with his feet, can switch play and has a mistake in him.

Seriously though, I think at centre back his weaknesses are hidden and his strengths stand out more. I would imagine he will only get better as he gets used to the position. It is early days yet and we haven't been tested by an elite forward, but when everyone is fully fit I'd expect Kompany and Stones to play. Kolarov could play some games at left back. He's definitely worth keeping on board and who knows, he could end up being integral to us....as ridiculous as that might sound after how most felt about him towards the end of last season. I know I for one couldn't wait to see the back of him.

I think as a centre back he does have everything Pep requires. He's tall, good in the air, good with his feet, can switch play and has a mistake in him.

Seriously though, I think at centre back his weaknesses are hidden and his strengths stand out more. I would imagine he will only get better as he gets used to the position. It is early days yet and we haven't been tested by an elite forward, but when everyone is fully fit I'd expect Kompany and Stones to play. Kolarov could play some games at left back. He's definitely worth keeping on board and who knows, he could end up being integral to us....as ridiculous as that might sound after how most felt about him towards the end of last season. I know I for one couldn't wait to see the back of him.

He'll play a great deal of games at left back when we play the inverted full back system.. He slips back in to centre half effortlessly, allowing stones/Ota or even kompany when fit, to sneak into the midfield and drive us on. The problem with him as a left back is what he alluded to in his post match interview, time... The back 4 is always compact now, meaning communication is actually taking place.

There's no issue now because he's being coached, go figure!!!

He'll play a great deal of games at left back when we play the inverted full back system.. He slips back in to centre half effortlessly, allowing stones/Ota or even kompany when fit, to sneak into the midfield and drive us on. The problem with him as a left back is what he alluded to in his post match interview, time... The back 4 is always compact now, meaning communication is actually taking place.

There's no issue now because he's being coached, go figure!!!
Yeah I think it's becoming more and more obvious that not a lot of actual coaching has gone on over the last few seasons.

Yeah I think it's becoming more and more obvious that not a lot of actual coaching has gone on over the last few seasons.
Very clear and it pisses me off really. Probably more than it should, and I'm going to try to focus on what Pep is doing with the squad now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.