Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's understandable to some extent that his arse goes when thrown into a Champions League match in a big atmosphere, out of position. But he also got away with a lot of stuff at fullback v Swansea, due to the team covering it up, so we notice more the things he does, than the things he doesn't do.

Pep has managed to bring out all of his good points, same with Otamendi, but the other side is still there. It's just a question of whether we are good enough team, to get away with it, so the good outweighs the bad with those two.

But imo we should be looking for a replacement for both, long term.

I'm sure Pep will have it on his to-do list alright. But I do understand Pep starting him ahead of Stones in that atmosphere. Throwing Stones into that could have been a disaster for the lad. Wise management tbh. Regarding Aleks, I can take mistakes, but I was shocked to see his head gone as he came back out . He's better than that.

Emperor's New Clothes, sad to say.
He's got his weaknesses and there's games he will look like he's struggling, but after all the time he's been here it's up to the management to know when and when not to play him. It's a squad game and with the amount of matches we will playing he's a good option to fill in and allow others rest.
He wouldn't be my first choice all the time for sure and it's still a position we're in need of improving. For this season though he's as good an option we've got and it's up to us to utilise him the best we can.

He must be watched ! A perfect crossfield pass to Sterling against Bournemouth at The Etihad when we are 4 up is OK.
The same attempt at Celtic landing in row 25, as with the shot, is not.

He can't defend, never has been able to. He's fine if we are playing against someone who isn't going to attack us at all, as he can pick a long diagonal perfectly if no one pressures him and is a useful option, but if the other team are going to make him do any defending or put him under any pressure on the ball then we shouldn't be playing him at CB as he's a liability.

Still can't believe how long we've kept him and Clichy as our two leftbacks.

I'm sure Pep will have it on his to-do list alright. But I do understand Pep starting him ahead of Stones in that atmosphere. Throwing Stones into that could have been a disaster for the lad. Wise management tbh. Regarding Aleks, I can take mistakes, but I was shocked to see his head gone as he came back out . He's better than that.

I think he's just managing Stones' fitness tbh. He took him off a while back saying he looked tired.

Much as Celtic fans may be rightly proud of their team's efforts last night, it was a much easier game than Spurs & Stones is being kept fit for that imo. Our defending turned it into a much more difficult night.

He was smoking a cigar when he came on. As Vinny would have been.

The cbs were desperately poor & undermined the whole team.

No working. Bournmouth was one. Borrusia at home was another. He's been there or thereabouts in a couple more.

Ah right,fair enough,I don't want to go on and on,but those games you mention,sum it up for me,Bournemouth,and BM,both 4-0 and no real pressure,as for the motm in those games imo,were KDB and Aguero,but like you said earlier,subjective

Ah right,fair enough,I don't want to go on and on,but those games you mention,sum it up for me,Bournemouth,and BM,both 4-0 and no real pressure,as for the motm in those games imo,were KDB and Aguero,but like you said earlier,subjective
But that's what I'm saying. There's games where he will stand out because he's allowed to. That's not his fault, just him making the most of his attributes. The BM game, he was immense. Won every tackle and every header and allowed us to stay on the front foot. Very similar in the Bournmouth game.
I find it's easy to give the awards to goal scores and creative players.

But that's what I'm saying. There's games where he will stand out because he's allowed to. That's not his fault, just him making the most of his attributes. The BM game, he was immense. Won every tackle and every header and allowed us to stay on the front foot. Very similar in the Bournmouth game.
I find it's easy to give the awards to goal scores and creative players.

I know you are a straight talking guy,on here,and you know that I am also,so lets agree to disagree

As good as Kolorov was on the ball that day we defended poorly in that game but ironically kept a clean sheet. Bournemouth could easily have scored 3 that day when Kolorov and Ota played together then too. The fact Bournemouth missed some great chances and Kolorov played some brilliant passes meant he got much praise but the signs of a defensive disaster when starting 2 slow and very average defenders were there then.

As good as Kolorov was on the ball that day we defended poorly in that game but ironically kept a clean sheet. Bournemouth could easily have scored 3 that day when Kolorov and Ota played together then too. The fact Bournemouth missed some great chances and Kolorov played some brilliant passes meant he got much praise but the signs of a defensive disaster when starting 2 slow and very average defenders were there then.

Agree. Otamendi was even worse than Kolarov's performance last night in that game but Bournemouth didn't cash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.