Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets to me when City fans don't consider our youth players for the 1st team. For instance the idea that Kolarov will be used at centre half. Too much of that and if I was Adarabioyo or Denayer I would be saying I'm off. We would lose 2 brilliant prospects, both of whom are good on the ball. Denayer in particular has seen plenty of 1st team action, some of it at a high level. If Denayer doesn't get used this season I would question whether we have the intention of ever promoting academy players into the 1st team.
Or perhaps they are both right footed?

20 goals and 40 plus assists in roughly the same number of games as Clichy, one goal and five assists ! Yeah, its a complete myth ! Clichy is a marginally better defender, but is absolutely 'wank' to quote Rammy Blue going forward. He is absolutely no threat whatsoever going forward and as soon as the ball comes to him the move is effectively over in terms of creativity, as with Sagna who is another passenger. Full backs have to be good going forward, especially under managers like Pep. Both are getting past it now and we will hopefully bring on the likes of Angelino.
While I agree with some of this, I can't completely agree with the Clichy part. He totally has a weakness, whether its mental or lack of ability in delivering the killer ball when he gets in the positions in the final third. But fuck, can get motor forwards with or without he ball even in tight positions. Over the years, during his best periods Clichy has driven forward with the ball more than any of the other fullbacks, it's just that when he gets there he can't cross and he can't really unlock a defence (except the goal he setup for Yaya against Newcastle when we won the league first time). But if someone can unlock that part of his game, whether it's too late or not i don't know, that would make him invaluable IMO.

Kola on the other hand can't defend, is so slow getting back and running with the ball, but without the ball he gets into good positions going forwards and his first time cross is one of the best in the business. When he takes time to think about it and has a second touch is where he struggles.

its good to have this seasons scapegoat/ booboy confirmed before the start of the season with Bony likely to be on his way. Personally i think he's still got something to offer and would put my trust in Pep to make decisions about the players he wants to use.

Given how poor we were last season as a team I wonder how much of Koloravs supposed shit attitude might have been related to the football we played and the way he was asked to contribute. Ah well, clean slate and all that, I reckon there might be a few eating their words about him before long.

He is a left back.
His primary duty is to defend.
He does not do this well enough.
I couldn't give a toss about his comedic talents or his attacking prowess.
He's a fecking defender and a not very good one at that.
Get rid now!
Rant over.
When you're a full back in a team that has 65% possession you're primary job is to be a winger.

When you're a full back in a team that has 65% possession you're primary job is to be a winger.
But if you're playing that role in a team with that much possession then surely it's even more important to have the pace and engine to be able to get back to defend when necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.