Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Pardue saying he watched him bomb up and down and it was like having two players against you. (Which also meant Silva could tuck inside). Totally underrated, probably just because of his pace. Good delivery, scored some great goals, and great character. Just like Edin, I think deserved better from the fans.

As if the tight arses at Roma would pay a fee for kolarov and cover his wages. He will still be with us at the end of the window, I have no doubt at all. Which is a shame because he's not good enough for what we aspire to be imo. If we had an attacking player of the same relative ability he'd have been fucked off (or loaned out to stoke) years ago.

Don't understand the hate for Aleks. He's been one of my favourite players. Rocket of a left peg and on the qt is a bit of a nasty fucker.

Suspect on occasion defensively, but for me he's served us well and I wish him the best if he moves on.

My only gripe is that he was prone to some periods of really poor form, if he played at something near his best regularly then Clichy would have had far fewer appearances.

Roma are working on a deal for Kolarov, but City are trying to sign a player for his role (eg. Mendy) before letting him leave. [@DiMarzio]

Except Kolarov's role isn't LB any more, is it? I can't see Pep actually thinking Kolarov is a safety net incase Mendy falls through.

Maybe we're waiting for the CB signing.

He was usually jogging back because his arse was hanging out for bombing too far up the pitch.

Fantastic delivery of a ball and his character can be misconstrued, the Balkan guys can be a bit weird to get a handle on.

we're not that bad when we're not slaughtering each others.

Aleks always seems to me like a proper man and teammate. The kinda that would continually stand up for his team and not back down from anyone ever.

He was all too often suspect defensively and for how sweet of a left foot he had, there was a HIGH percentage of missed chances.

I don't know why we dont keep him as LB/CB cover for the last year of his contract. At this point we have not bought a LB and it seems unlikely that we will be buying two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.