Alex Ferguson

kippaxwarrior said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Discussing Ferguson in a positive way is like discussing genital warts. Its something I'd rather not talk about. However.... The guy is obviously excellent at what he does, man management, creating that siege mentality, all that jazz. The current Man Utd team is not great, but with Ferguson at the helm, they're still strong contenders for the title, and have a chance of winning the Champions League. If someone else (barring Mourinho maybe) was in charge of this team, then I reckon they will really struggle to achieve those things. His record speaks for itself, and despite Man Utd teams changing, big names coming and going, they've consistently been successful (the bastards) under the purple-nosed one. Now, Ferguson's success in Europe, when you consider all the years he's been able to have a crack at European success, really isn't great. Against some of the best in Europe, he has fallen way short (Barcelona in the 2009 final, Real Madrid on occasions, Porto in 2004). His domestic success is second to none, but he's enjoyed great resources. I feel he stuck good fortune on that great batch of youngsters, its very rare that a batch like that all come through at the same time, its never happened since with him, and never happened dating back to the Busby Babes. I don't buy into this "he's a great spotter of young talent", okay, he bought Ronaldo, but it was the players who told him about Ronaldo, after a pre-season friendly. Rooney was bought on the back of a great Euro 2004, (for a large sum of money), everyone was raving about him, and he was well known before the tournament, so it wasn't like Ferguson plucked him out of nowhere. When he's gambled on young talent, they've been mostly flops (Djemba-Djemba, Ralph Milne, Kleberson, Bellion, Liam Miller, Alan Smith, Ben Foster, Dong Fangzhuo).

I hate the fella's guts, but to call him an average manager is wrong imo. To call him the greatest ever though is very wrong too.

Bang on with that mate
I hate the guy's guts and who can forget the Munich Derby
The WHOLE country wanted the City fans to interrupt the minutes silence to show our club up but we didnt and showed class YET there was baconface stood in the centre circle during the silence smirking and eating fucking chewing gum, that never got mention though did it?

Or the fact he left the stadium, apparantly, at full time and didnt speak to the press after. Official reason he had to go to Arfrica or something to arrange a friendly

I've just spoke to a rag I know,who's usually pretty reasonable about City,regarding good players we have and that we'll start winning things soon.When I mentioned,just in passing, about a bouncy castle on slurallicks demise,he went into mouthfrothing mode and said if he saw City fans celebrating it,he'd run into the middle of the pack swinging a baseball bat and crack as many skulls as he could.He then drove off without so much as a goodbye.

I hate the bacon face prick as much as the next blue but only because of the success he has brought them over the years. End of the day you have to respect his achievements, if not the man himself. The day he dies, so do the rags trophy haul.

i recon with the day comes there should be at least 40 bouncy castles dotted around the city centre just to celebrate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.