Alex Grimaldo

Top young player, had my eye on him since he played against our under 18's some years back, was very surprised barca let him go, as were a lot of people connected with the club.

Not sure where this would leave Angelino mind.

Great example of the failings of this board and coach when it comes to La Masia. For years I was convinced he'd become the youngest defender to debut for the first team yet was dumped because he wouldn't accept a loan

Diminutive but a leader, will embolden many culés to see him under Pep as his quality is difficult to refute

I recall him playing for Barca B in the Segunda and for Spain U18 while being only 16 yo. A real prodigy. He's also had an experience of playing as CM, if I'm not mistaken, so could be an ideal solution for the 'inverted fullback' role.

Last edited:
Portuguese paper Record saying Guardiola watched Grimaldo on Monday and suggests we could even open talks in January. Probably summer more realistic, but still, looks like RB and LB are our priority next summer and rightly so. 3 full backs out of contract + Kolarov having 1 yr left + all four are over 30 years old.

Looks like a quality talent. If Pep likes him, I'm on board. The more young. talented players the better.

that would spell the end of angelino then ?? id personally go for someone like andrew robertson at hull, looks very promising.

that would spell the end of angelino then ?? id personally go for someone like andrew robertson at hull, looks very promising.

not necessarily, could start next year with the 4 fullbacks being made up of : Maffeo, Bellerin, Angelino & Grimaldo - 4 young Spanish players. (counting Kolarov as a centre half nowadays)

although Robertson is a decent player, we are well past the 'decent player' mark now, we want potential 'world class players' something I don't think Robertson will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.