Alex Grimaldo

ie Exactly why I said "first impression"... Just wanted to share considering 99% of us haven't seen him play on a regular basis.
fair enough. I actually thought he was good in that game. I've been trying to find a replay of the game as I only saw it once. If you have a saved link I'd be interested.
Was watching game against Victoria last night and couldnt shake the obviousness of his fit. The way he joins the attack isc
reminiscent of what Alba does at Barca and the way he seamlessly joined Pizzi and Samarich in the middle was quintessential "inverted fullback".

Furthermore I think he does it organically as Semedo doesn't do it on the right. He stays wide mostly. Alex curls from the middle to go wide as the play develops.

Defensively, he is individually solid, but Benfica plays a very attacking style with fullbacks always flying up, so yes if someone else loses the ball in build up, he sometimes finds himself behind the play. But that's an acceptable risk Benfica takes. But he is solid in tackle, positioning and is quite aggressive.

Gonna watch the Napoli game tonight to see his performance against non-Portuguese good competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.