Alex Sandro interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Kompany/Mangala/Denayer/Demichelis already at the club Otamendi is a total luxury signing.

With Clichy and Kolarov our only current left back choices Sandro is not.

Then when you add in the fact Sandro is less than half the cost of Otamendi it's scandalous decision making from our management,

Aye because the fucking Portuguse league is fucking some sort of fucking world class league, Ryan fucking Gauld's playing regularly for one of the better sides in the fucking league and he couldn't get in the fucking bastarding Dundee Ufuckingnited team week in week fucking out.

Otamendi's Barca games were just the pinnacle, he had 20-25 games just like that, Mangala didn't, he had an error prone season, however he has started the season well so on that basis Otamendi would be benched but not for long I imagine. Fernando bossed it at Porto too and look how that turned out, its a big step up, type of player that needs to move up gradually like a move to the Serie A would do. Moves straight from the Portuguese league to here very rarely work out, with the odd exception of Porto's 2004 squad. Would much rather keep Clichy and Kolarov.

How can it look a total waste of money when the guy hasn't kicked a ball for us? He's not even signed yet ffs. At the end of the season if he's only played 10 games and Mangala has kept him out of the team all season, then you can call it a waste. For now though, for all we know, he could be our player of the season.

I'll get stick for this, but I think the circa 30m for Otamendi could've been better spent on Sandro.

Left back should be a higher priority than centre half for us atm. Bit of a problem position for us IMO. Kolarov's recent form shouldn't gloss over this.

He's been at the club for 5 years and we all know about the inherent weaknesses in his game.

Maybe we couldn't shift him out this summer, and had our hands tied, so we'd ruled out a left back. In which case there can't be any arguments.

We were in for Baba Rahman though earlier in the summer by all accounts, and he's now moved to Chelsea, so it's a bit of a puzzling one.

A left back should be our highest priority with a centre mid next summer, without doubt.

I'll get stick for this, but I think the circa 30m for Otamendi could've been better spent on Sandro.

Left back should be a higher priority than centre half for us atm. Bit of a problem position for us IMO. Kolarov's recent form shouldn't gloss over this.

He's been at the club for 5 years and we all know about the inherent weaknesses in his game.

Maybe we couldn't shift him out this summer, and had our hands tied, so we'd ruled out a left back. In which case there can't be any arguments.

We were in for Baba Rahman though earlier in the summer by all accounts, and he's now moved to Chelsea, so it's a bit of a puzzling one.

A left back should be our highest priority with a centre mid next summer, without doubt.

We are getting width from Sterling now, not the fullbacks, and Sterling's defensive workrate means Kolarov is going to be staying further back and get a lot more protection whether he's at his best or not. 90% of the problem was in the way we were set up. Any LB would look bad in that situation.

I think we will get a new LB next summer, but we are fine for this year.

We were never going to go from where we were last season, to the perfect squad in one window. Otamendi is a phenomenal defender and came along at a decent price. If we'd not got him, he would have been snapped up and we could have been left in the shit looking for another class CB next summer - and there aren't many around who fit Pellegrini's style.

We are getting width from Sterling now, not the fullbacks, and Sterling's defensive workrate means Kolarov is going to be staying further back and get a lot more protection whether he's at his best or not. 90% of the problem was in the way we were set up. Any LB would look bad in that situation.

I think we will get a new LB next summer, but we are fine for this year.

We were never going to go from where we were last season, to the perfect squad in one window. Otamendi is a phenomenal defender and came along at a decent price. If we'd not got him, he would have been snapped up and we could have been left in the shit looking for another class CB next summer - and there aren't many around who fit Pellegrini's style.

I don't agree, utilising our fullbacks going forward is still a huge part of our game. Kolarov still leaves us exposed at the back, still stands off his man and let's them whip a cross in because he can't risk getting tight enough and getting spun. Clichy doesn't have that problem but he's shite going forward.

Left back is an area I was hoping we'd strengthen this summer, an absolute must that we do it next summer.

I hope Otamendi proves a top draw signing, but I would've prioritised a left back personally.

But we're stronger for it, no doubt.

I don't agree, utilising our fullbacks going forward is still a huge part of our game. Kolarov still leaves us exposed at the back, still stands off his man and let's them whip a cross in because he can't risk getting tight enough and getting spun. Clichy doesn't have that problem but he's shite going forward.

Left back is an area I was hoping we'd strengthen this summer, an absolute must that we do it next summer.

I hope Otamendi proves a top draw signing, but I would've prioritised a left back personally.

But we're stronger for it, no doubt.
Don't even agree with that - Champions League.

Aye because the fucking Portuguse league is fucking some sort of fucking world class league, Ryan fucking Gauld's playing regularly for one of the better sides in the fucking league and he couldn't get in the fucking bastarding Dundee Ufuckingnited team week in week fucking out.
Champions League.

Alex Kolarov playing for Porto or Benfica would be like Messi playing Palace. Brazilian full backs in England. Not for me. I'd be interested, those insisting we get rid of Kolarov to be replaced by Sandro in my opinion would be a big gamble. I doubt he's capable of a performance like Kolarov's Sunday.

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 8m8 minutes ago
FC Porto left-back Alex Sandro is in Italy to undergo a medical at Juventus. (Source: @juventusfc)

CM1qCqJWUAAzlKt.jpg

CM1qCtqXAAAAOW-.jpg

0 retweets1 favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.