Alex Song-Link Fixed

unless we plan on using him as a CB, not really a position we should be prioritizing on strengthening right now, don't you think?

Andouble said:
unless we plan on using him as a CB, not really a position we should be prioritizing on strengthening right now, don't you think?

He is a pretty decent player.Probably our best DM but that say's more about our lack of quality their rather than his ability.
Like you said he can play as centre back as well.Personally DM is our biggest concern in our squad since we lack player's their so if song is going i'd expect a player to come in.Im not sure where he's going to play unless you play a 4-3-3 system with barry and ireland in the middle and song can rotate or start their with robinho---santa cruz----tevez? comprising the forward trio.

He's usually a CB isn't he?

I seem to remember him playing there alot the season before last, and only moved to mid to cover injuries?

Damocles said:

I seem to remember him playing there alot the season before last, and only moved to mid to cover injuries?

He was brought from bastia as defensive midfielder.in 2007-08 he had a spell at centre back but the last season he's spent a majority of his time at midfield.We have 5 CB's now so irrespective i think he will play at midfield either for us or for city.

Gooner89 said:
Damocles said:

He was brought from bastia as defensive midfielder.in 2007-08 he had a spell at centre back but the last season he's spent a majority of his time at midfield.We have 5 CB's now so irrespective i think he will play at midfield either for us or for city.

Right, must of gotten mixed up.

Hmm...this could be a case of the media putting two and two together and getting seventeen. With De Jong, Kompany and Zabayleta all able to play the DM role, we seem to be covered pretty well there. Mind you, if the rumours of Zab moving back to RB and Kompany to CB are true, maybe we could do with one more. Song certainly fits the bill as an excellent prospect with Prem experience. To be honest, I can see us and Arsenal doing a lot of business together in the coming months, as you have our target player type (high potential, Prem experience, high workrate) in spades. We will be quite similar teams in a few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.