Alex Williams Book 'You Saw Me Standing Alone'

Whenever there’s talk of someone famous and people are sharing stories of the time they met them, you’ll virtually always, however nice they are, get tales of when someone caught them on a bad day and they came across as a bit of an arse.

Can honestly say in 40 years, I’ve never once heard anyone have a bad word for Alex.

Says it all about the type of man he is.

afternoon gentleman, just a message here from a newcastle supporter whose usual haunt is an occasional visitor to your general football section.
being an old fucker I was at both the games in the 83/84 season where our double over you (how times change eh?!) was probably what ensured we pipped you to promotion behind chelsea and sheffield wednesday.
at sjp we beat you 5-0, but Alex Williams was heroic that day, without him I think we would've hit you for double figures. not often you come away from a 5-0 where the memory will always be the performance of the goalkeeper.... he was tremendous.
good to see he's still held in high regard at man city. :)

afternoon gentleman, just a message here from a newcastle supporter whose usual haunt is an occasional visitor to your general football section.
being an old fucker I was at both the games in the 83/84 season where our double over you (how times change eh?!) was probably what ensured we pipped you to promotion behind chelsea and sheffield wednesday.
at sjp we beat you 5-0, but Alex Williams was heroic that day, without him I think we would've hit you for double figures. not often you come away from a 5-0 where the memory will always be the performance of the goalkeeper.... he was tremendous.
Thank you, that's very generous of you. He is a diamond of a gentle man and yes there was supposed to be a gap between the e and the m there. I have met him a few times, he has been so supportive of the children in a school I was involved with and he is a lovely, lovely man.

Thanks again @theolivegrove :-)

Thanks for your message, and I sure it wasn’t you, but I was always amazed that the Geordies weren’t happy that day with a 5-0 win and had to pelt us with coins and then smash our coach windows. happy days. Football was bit different then!

I have only met him a couple of times, but he always came across as an incredibly friendly and amiable guy. What a fantastic ambassador he has been for the club! I will definitely check out Alex's book. Thanks for sharing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.