Alex Williams Book 'You Saw Me Standing Alone'

I have a vague recollection of a 6-0 loss, and Alex Williams was man of the match.
I'm fairly sure Alex never conceded 6 while playing for City. You may be thinking of the 5-1 defeat at Fulham in 1984 when some Blues preferred watching the kids matches on the park behind the away terrace as the quality of football was better.

I'm fairly sure Alex never conceded 6 while playing for City. You may be thinking of the 5-1 defeat at Fulham in 1984 when some Blues preferred watching the kids matches on the park behind the away terrace as the quality of football was better.
And some Blues at half time decided to play in that game ha ha

Wasn’t that the game when the scoreboard went mad and actually had us in the lead? And the coppers were getting accused of police brutality cos they wouldn’t let us out early at the end?

A Leeds mate of mine told me a story about Alex being bombarded with Bananas and a solitary Pineapple at Elland rd early 80s. The fruit was removed from the pitch and the first half was played out. At the whistle Alex walks over and picks up the Pineapple, tucks it under his arm and gives the Leeds end a double thumbs- up, gave a big smile and mouthed Cheers then headed to the dressing room with it. Anyone remember that?

I have just finished the book and it’s an excellent read. Well worth any Blue sticking it on their Xmas list.

Alex is doing a bit of a tour with the book, think he’s in Urmston next week then The Lloyds in Chorlton on the 16th Nov

Alex is doing a bit of a tour with the book, think he’s in Urmston next week then The Lloyds in Chorlton on the 16th Nov

Yes thanks for mentioning it. Alex is at Urmston Library on Wed Nov 8 from 7 pm. Call Urmston bookshop on 0161 747 7442 to book a place. He's at the Lloyds in Chorlton on Thur Nov 16 from 7 pm. Call Chorlton bookshop on 0161 881 6374 to book a place. Alex will be Ashton on Mersey Golf Club on Wed Dec 6 at 6.15 pm for another Q and A before the Villa game is shown there on the big screen. Call me on 07712 490497 to book a spot at Ashton. Free admission. Thanks Andy Buckley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.