Freudian slip there.

Well that’s effing shocking biggest fraud since maxwells pensions he should be doing time inside for what he’s put and putting his beloved country through and Rees smug should do five years on top of it. Lived through the thatcher years and put up with it .. this mob are a completely different dangerous level.

Nah. Clerical Subscription Act, 1865 sections 4 (at ordination) and 5 (any new job).

MONDAY IN HOLY WEEK

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to invite you to join with me and the bishops of Bolton and Middleton for the annual service for the Renewal of Vows and the Blessing of Oils which will take place in Manchester Cathedral at 10.30am on Monday 11 April 2022.

I do believe that this is an important annual opportunity for deacons, priests and bishops to renew, and renew together, the vows we first made at ordination. I am particularly pleased to include retired clergy in this invitation, whose presence is always a powerful symbol of the lifelong nature of our calling; one which is not simply derivative from whatever office we hold at a particular moment.

As is our custom, Church Army evangelists and licensed lay-workers are also invited, and will similarly be asked to make an act of recommitment. Readers too are welcome to recommit themselves, here as at the annual Readers Service.

Please encourage lay people especially, but by no means only, Readers and Churchwardens to join with us, not least both to witness our renewals and to make their own response, as fellow disciples engaged in the ministry of all the baptised.

I would like to encourage as many as feel able to do so to robe on this occasion. All clergy are invited to wear alb and white stole, or surplice and scarf; Evangelists, Readers and others to wear their accustomed vesture. Robing will take place in the Regimental Chapel. The procession will depart promptly at 10.30 am. Any unable or not wishing to robe are welcome to sit among the congregation, and to take full part in the renewals from there.

We shall include in our prayers those clergy and other ministers who have died during the past year and who served in, or had connections with, this diocese. Please let Canon X have beforehand the names of the departed, even if you think we already know.There will also be a list near the south door of the cathedral for you to add names if any occur to you nearer the time.

The newly blessed oils (baptism, sick and chrism) will be available immediately after the service for taking back to parishes (please provide your own containers). There will also be opportunity after the service to receive prayer with anointing from the bishops.

For some of you the more appropriate occasion will be the equivalent service led by the Bishop of Beverley, who is a full Assistant Bishop in Manchester. Be assured that I fully understand and respect that, and ask only that you hold us in your prayers, as we shall you.

May God bless you in your ministry and in your Lenten observance, as we approach our Lords Passion and Resurrection.

Yours ever,

Bishop David

MONDAY IN HOLY WEEK

Dear colleagues,

I am writing to invite you to join with me and the bishops of Bolton and Middleton for the annual service for the Renewal of Vows and the Blessing of Oils which will take place in Manchester Cathedral at 10.30am on Monday 11 April 2022.

I do believe that this is an important annual opportunity for deacons, priests and bishops to renew, and renew together, the vows we first made at ordination. I am particularly pleased to include retired clergy in this invitation, whose presence is always a powerful symbol of the lifelong nature of our calling; one which is not simply derivative from whatever office we hold at a particular moment.

As is our custom, Church Army evangelists and licensed lay-workers are also invited, and will similarly be asked to make an act of recommitment. Readers too are welcome to recommit themselves, here as at the annual Readers Service.

Please encourage lay people especially, but by no means only, Readers and Churchwardens to join with us, not least both to witness our renewals and to make their own response, as fellow disciples engaged in the ministry of all the baptised.

I would like to encourage as many as feel able to do so to robe on this occasion. All clergy are invited to wear alb and white stole, or surplice and scarf; Evangelists, Readers and others to wear their accustomed vesture. Robing will take place in the Regimental Chapel. The procession will depart promptly at 10.30 am. Any unable or not wishing to robe are welcome to sit among the congregation, and to take full part in the renewals from there.

We shall include in our prayers those clergy and other ministers who have died during the past year and who served in, or had connections with, this diocese. Please let Canon X have beforehand the names of the departed, even if you think we already know.There will also be a list near the south door of the cathedral for you to add names if any occur to you nearer the time.

The newly blessed oils (baptism, sick and chrism) will be available immediately after the service for taking back to parishes (please provide your own containers). There will also be opportunity after the service to receive prayer with anointing from the bishops.

For some of you the more appropriate occasion will be the equivalent service led by the Bishop of Beverley, who is a full Assistant Bishop in Manchester. Be assured that I fully understand and respect that, and ask only that you hold us in your prayers, as we shall you.

May God bless you in your ministry and in your Lenten observance, as we approach our Lords Passion and Resurrection.

Yours ever,

Bishop David

Blimey - born and brought up in Middleton - lived there until I was 31 - never knew we had a bishop. Can't say St Leonards ever struck me as the church of a real life bishop

MONDAY IN HOLY WEEK

Dear colleagues,

Yours ever,

Bishop David
I don't know what vows would be renewed, but there's clearly no necessity to take the oath of allegiance if it's an invitation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.