I don't know what vows would be renewed, but there's clearly no necessity to take the oath of allegiance if it's an invitation.
Why don’t you take it up with the Bishop of Manchester or his boss, Charles III?

Alternatively, just accept that whilst your googling came up with an answer, it may not have been what actually happens in the world.

He’s a suffragan bishop and a heck of a lot more use than David is.
(Enter two policemen with ecclesiastical accoutrements.)

Church Policeman: Yes!

Woman: There's another dead bishop on the landing.

Church Policeman: Suffragan or diocesan?

Woman: How should I know?

Church Policeman: It's tattooed on the back of their necks.

(Enter two policemen with ecclesiastical accoutrements.)

Church Policeman: Yes!

Woman: There's another dead bishop on the landing.

Church Policeman: Suffragan or diocesan?

Woman: How should I know?

Church Policeman: It's tattooed on the back of their necks.

It is interesting rewatching them when you have more of an idea of how the church operates.

It doesn’t make them any less funny or wrong too. :-)

Why don’t you take it up with the Bishop of Manchester or his boss, Charles III?

Alternatively, just accept that whilst your googling came up with an answer, it may not have been what actually happens in the world.
Belatedly, would it be a service like this? Renewal of "ministerial vows" but no swearing the oath of allegiance?

Belatedly, would it be a service like this? Renewal of "ministerial vows" but no swearing the oath of allegiance?

They renew their vows and allegiance to the monarch every year.

The only reason I know this is my wife does it every year.

If you want to have won, please think you have done so. There isn’t much more for me to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.