It's always been the same, when I worked in the Civil Service it was tidy this, tidy that, don't say anything etc.

I used to take 1/2 a days leave for every bodies sake.
Had to laugh at this, about 20 years ago, we were told that the Secretary of State was visiting the following Wednesday and no further leave would be granted.
There was a cricket match I wanted to go to that day, but hadn't booked the day off as I intended to see what the weather was going to be like closer to the time.
We were in the middle of industrial action at the time, and I was a member of the Departmental Trade Union Committee.
I happened to mention that I was looking forward to meeting the SOS as I had a couple of queries about our pay negotiations.....the ban on taking annual leave suddenly didn't apply to me for some reason

Johnson is the Tories own Guy Fawkes. Their problem is his mine is on a timer fuse. They know deep down in their hearts where it is but seem reluctant to check its there and have no idea how much longer the timer has to run.

Last edited:
When the politicians go to "see for themselves" what it is like at the new/re-painted hospital, the staff are all lined up in nice neat rows with clean uniforms, everything's ship-shape and tidy.
They should let them see what it's really like on a day-to-day basis - trolley-bound patients in the corridors, queued ambulances, packed A&E, equipment broken, hardly any staff, etc.
I never understand why the staff lined up also play along

We have some weak people still in this country

They do not stand up for what is right when they get the chance

It's not beyond the Tories to be vindictive. See how they treated GM because they didn't like what Burnham was saying.

Amen to that. That’s why they do what they do - we’re shite at standing up for ourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.