Alexei Navalny dead

Would you rather live in Ukraine or Russia?

I’m sure it will end in some sort of negotiation, but that’s for the Ukrainians to decide. Until they do then we should continue to support them and not betray them by doing some back door deal with a country that won’t keep to any agreement it signs.

Would you trust them to keep to anything?

How are Ukraine losing emphatically? Seems to be presently a stalemate to me. This can all end tomorrow if Russia withdraws to where they were two years ago (and thereby ‘keep’ Crimea).

What is your basis for this assertion?
Would I rather live in Russia or Ukraine? Russia, because by now I'd have been conscripted and most probably killed if I was Ukrainian.

Nobody said we have to do a back door negotiation with the Russians. I'm curious as to why US and European taxpayer money should continue to fund this misadventure. Ukraine is running out of people. The average age of a Ukrainian soldier is reported by The Times as being 43. Just think about that for a moment. That tells me that the Ukrainian forces are massively depleted. If you feel that strongly about it, why don't you go over and fight? How many more people have to die? Or do we just keep sending money and munitions until Zelensky waves the white flag?

Russia won Bakhmut, they've won Avdiivka and they repelled the Ukrainian summer offensive to the point that virtually no ground was gained and incredible human cost was incurred. General Zaluzhny has just been sacked - you don't sack your commander-in-chief if things are going well. His successor, Syrskyi is unpopular with the armed forces and with the public. The Russians have all but depleted the Ukrainian integrated air defence systems of Ukraine, the Ukrainians are facing ammunition shortages and the Russians are engaging in more places across the battlefronts. They are losing the drone war too.

Respectfully, your post is nonsense. How do you define the fact that Ukraine are losing emphatically? Their military achievements to date have exceeded anybody's wildest ambitions. As long as the West arm them effectively (and we could continue to do so long term with absolute ease) then they have shown that they are more than capable of not just holding off Russian forces, but regularly getting the better of them. Obviously, the longer, corrupt kremlin puppets do Putin's dirty work in congress and the west, the more difficult it will be for Ukraine to hold land.

It ends when Ukraine want to negotiate and as long as they want to fight for their existence then it's the West's job to give them the tools to do that (of which we are choosing & I emphasise CHOOSING not to do). You think Russia are stronger because of this? Their economy is a war time one, over 7% of GDP makes it's way into military hardware that gets taken out as quickly as it makes it's way to the battlefield. They have had to artificially pump interest rates to keep their economy afloat, which is on a short to mid term life support as all war time economy's arse. The consequences of this war for them will be determinantal.
Respectfully, your post is nonsense. Ukraine have incurred huge casualties and the Russians are quite content to sit in and continue to kill them. See my post above. Avdiivka is lost, Bakhmut was lost and the summer offensive gained nothing. The conscripts are old and badly trained. The Ukrainians need 6,000 shells-per-day but the US can only produce 30,000-per-month.

Russia has done quite well economically in spite of heavy sanctions. Their move to the BRICS nations and de-dollarisation has offset many of the sanctions. The Rouble has gained strength since the war started and their currency is the closest thing to the gold standard.

It was never any good for him to be subjected to a show trial on his return to Moscow. He must have known the likely outcome (exiled to a horrendous gulag with zero medical facilities) . Putin had already tried to have him killed. He'd have been much better in exile slagging the evil practices of the Soviet government.

Horrible, but totally expected outcome. Putin remains a **** and anyone who even approaches trying to defend, justify, or reconcile his actions is one too.
Gallows humour, I know, but I saw this on Reddit and it did make me laugh.
IMG_0076.jpeg

Would I rather live in Russia or Ukraine? Russia, because by now I'd have been conscripted and most probably killed if I was Ukrainian.

Nobody said we have to do a back door negotiation with the Russians. I'm curious as to why US and European taxpayer money should continue to fund this misadventure. Ukraine is running out of people. The average age of a Ukrainian soldier is reported by The Times as being 43. Just think about that for a moment. That tells me that the Ukrainian forces are massively depleted. If you feel that strongly about it, why don't you go over and fight? How many more people have to die? Or do we just keep sending money and munitions until Zelensky waves the white flag?

Russia won Bakhmut, they've won Avdiivka and they repelled the Ukrainian summer offensive to the point that virtually no ground was gained and incredible human cost was incurred. General Zaluzhny has just been sacked - you don't sack your commander-in-chief if things are going well. His successor, Syrskyi is unpopular with the armed forces and with the public. The Russians have all but depleted the Ukrainian integrated air defence systems of Ukraine, the Ukrainians are facing ammunition shortages and the Russians are engaging in more places across the battlefronts. They are losing the drone war too.

The young ones aren't being conscripted that's why, 25 and above is the conscription bracket. Was reduced from 27 last summer.

A fight for survival isn't a misadventure either you piece of shit. How many more have to die? Ask putin, he is the one sending wave after wave of peasants and murderers to their deaths.

The amount of resources russia have just expended to capture Avdiivka is insane when it doesn't hold any real significance other than it being a thorn in their side for the best part of 10 years.

Hardly losing a drone war they have revolutionised it if anything and keep sinking boats with them. Ammunition shortages are due to the west being slow on the uptake and Trump doing anything he can to stop any more aid. But you already know that.

And russia have changed plenty of commanders, they even had an attempted coup. You're so full of shit it is embarrassing.
Respectfully, your post is nonsense. Ukraine have incurred huge casualties and the Russians are quite content to sit in and continue to kill them. See my post above. Avdiivka is lost, Bakhmut was lost and the summer offensive gained nothing. The conscripts are old and badly trained. The Ukrainians need 6,000 shells-per-day but the US can only produce 30,000-per-month.

Russia has done quite well economically in spite of heavy sanctions. Their move to the BRICS nations and de-dollarisation has offset many of the sanctions. The Rouble has gained strength since the war started and their currency is the closest thing to the gold standard.

Jesus it's like reading russia today.

The young ones aren't being conscripted that's why, 25 and above is the conscription bracket. Was reduced from 27 last summer.

A fight for survival isn't a misadventure either you piece of shit. How many more have to die? Ask putin, he is the one sending wave after wave of peasants and murderers to their deaths.

The amount of resources russia have just expended to capture Avdiivka is insane when it doesn't hold any real significance other than it being a thorn in their side for the best part of 10 years.

Hardly losing a drone war they have revolutionised it if anything and keep sinking boats with them. Ammunition shortages are due to the west being slow on the uptake and Trump doing anything he can to stop any more aid. But you already know that.

And russia have changed plenty of commanders, they even had an attempted coup. You're so full of shit it is embarrassing.

Jesus it's like reading russia today.
well said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.