Alexei Navalny dead

The young ones aren't being conscripted that's why, 25 and above is the conscription bracket. Was reduced from 27 last summer.

A fight for survival isn't a misadventure either you piece of shit. How many more have to die? Ask putin, he is the one sending wave after wave of peasants and murderers to their deaths.

The amount of resources russia have just expended to capture Avdiivka is insane when it doesn't hold any real significance other than it being a thorn in their side for the best part of 10 years.

Hardly losing a drone war they have revolutionised it if anything and keep sinking boats with them. Ammunition shortages are due to the west being slow on the uptake and Trump doing anything he can to stop any more aid. But you already know that.

And russia have changed plenty of commanders, they even had an attempted coup. You're so full of shit it is embarrassing.

Jesus it's like reading russia today.
Sorry, but by calling me 'a piece of shit', you are using smear tactics of which Putin would be proud. You don't like dissent, so you smear. Insults and abuse just don't strengthen your argument and make you look like a bully. I really think you should apologise. Nevertheless, I'll engage...

I think both sides realise the importance of Avdiivka, it's simply inaccurate to say that it does not carry any strategic importance. The same with the other two battles that I mentioned.

I can't reconcile your position here - on the one hand, Ukraine is doing well and winning, but on the other they're short of ammunition. I cannot square this circle. It's also one thing to sack military personnel, but another to sack your c-in-c. I really question the timing of such a move if, as you say, things are progressing well for Ukraine. The scale of casualties is shocking:

I just don't see how throwing more people into the meat grinder to be killed will make things any better. I cannot see Ukraine driving out the Russians. How many more people have to die? How do you see it ending? Will you go there to fight?

No he didn’t.
Whilst he smartly agreed that the invasion of Crimea was illegal - he wanted to be the acceptable alternative to Putin after all - he spent a decade repeating that Crimea was Russian and said many times he wouldn’t return it to Ukraine if he became PM.

Sorry, but by calling me 'a piece of shit', you are using smear tactics of which Putin would be proud. You don't like dissent, so you smear. Insults and abuse just don't strengthen your argument and make you look like a bully. I really think you should apologise. Nevertheless, I'll engage...

I think both sides realise the importance of Avdiivka, it's simply inaccurate to say that it does not carry any strategic importance. The same with the other two battles that I mentioned.

I can't reconcile your position here - on the one hand, Ukraine is doing well and winning, but on the other they're short of ammunition. I cannot square this circle. It's also one thing to sack military personnel, but another to sack your c-in-c. I really question the timing of such a move if, as you say, things are progressing well for Ukraine. The scale of casualties is shocking:

I just don't see how throwing more people into the meat grinder to be killed will make things any better. I cannot see Ukraine driving out the Russians. How many more people have to die? How do you see it ending? Will you go there to fight?
There is a thread on the war

Have a look at the casualties, destruction and terms at the end of the war. Ukraine will not feel like victors.
Nobody will feel like a victor.

Russia has already lost, it's been humiliated repeatedly.

Ukraine may yet end up the same, or worse.

Then I guess we have very different perspectives on what’s important.
Not necessarily. It is my firmly-held belief that this war was preventable on both sides. Putin has blood on his hands and should never have invaded. But the underlying tensions go back a long time. Please, I urge you to read Professor Richard Sakwa's 'Frontline Ukraine'. Also Benjamin Abelow's 'How the West Brought War to Ukraine: Understanding How U.S. and NATO Policies Led to Crisis, War, and the Risk of Nuclear Catastrophe.' Whilst Sakwa's book was written in 2015, it accurately predicts the events that have taken place. Abelow's book is interesting because it doesn't absolve Putin of blame but looks at how different decisions could have brought about a different outcome.

Took guts going back to Russia and facing certain death. At the very least his death should push Europe into doubling down in it’s support of Ukraine.

All the more reason to negotiate now.

There's two problems with that

(1) It condemns Ukranians to live in perpetuity under Russian rule, and they've been merrily committing various war crimes
(2) Nobody believes the Russians will stand by their committments, and will simply invade again once they can.

Whilst he smartly agreed that the invasion of Crimea was illegal - he wanted to be the acceptable alternative to Putin after all - he spent a decade repeating that Crimea was Russian and said many times he wouldn’t return it to Ukraine if he became PM.

No he didn’t, he spent most of the time avoiding the question. What he did say was Crimea should have a referendum ran by independent advisors. Since the war, his stance changed and went to Ukraine should have its 1991 borders, which would include Crimea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.