Alexis Sanchez (round 2)

citytill1die84 said:
Him and ISCO plus a top striker would be the perfect summer.

We would still need a top class central midfielder to play alongside Yaya.

Matt.D said:
citytill1die84 said:

Barry
Milner ( He won the best young player award when he was playing as a CM for Aston Villa)
Garcia
Rodwell

If Sanchez came to City it would have to be as a proper winger, not a poor mans Aguero. We don't need another midfielder/winger who struggles to score especially in the Premier league where the game is quicker than in Spain.

I'd rather we brought in Jackson Martinez as another striking option. Falcao, Aguero and Martinez would be an ideal front three especially if Nasri can't be relied on and both Dzeko and Tevez are to leave as is rumoured. This would also considerably speed up our frontline and would help in Europe too.

We also need to bring in a long term replacement for holding midfielder, Garcia isn't good enough against the top teams and neither Yaya or Barry are getting any younger.

Take him in a heartbeat we need a player like him to add to the squad. Mancini rates him highly and like anything at times a move to a club like Barca aint always going to work for every player. Look at Yayas time at Barca he was hardly a first team regular yet since he came here we have seen Yaya go to a new level never seen at Barca. I think that could happen with Sanchez and I hope the club sign him up.

Tevez City said:
Matt.D said:
citytill1die84 said:

Barry
Milner ( He won the best young player award when he was playing as a CM for Aston Villa)
Garcia
Rodwell

Barry & Garcia are far too slow and nowhere near good enough to play at the highest level in the champions league. Rodwell injury prone and for whatever reason Mancini doesn't like playing Milner in central midfield.

Plus none of those you mentioned are top class, so as I say, we still need a top class central midfielder to play with Yaya.

Matt.D said:
Tevez City said:
Matt.D said:

Barry
Garcia
Rodwell

Barry & Garcia are far too slow and nowhere near good enough to play at the highest level in the champions league. Rodwell injury prone and for whatever reason Mancini doesn't like playing Milner in central midfield.

Plus none of those you mentioned are top class, so as I say, we still need a top class central midfielder to play with Yaya.

I wouldn't say Sanchez is top class, if he was why is he leaving barca and been so bad.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Matt.D said:
Tevez City said:
Barry
Garcia
Rodwell

I wouldn't say Sanchez is top class, if he was why is he leaving barca and been so bad.

I never said Sanchez was top class.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Matt.D said:
Tevez City said:
Barry
Garcia
Rodwell

You could ask the same of one of the world's greatest strikers who didn't last as long as Sanchez.

_46120310_ibrahimovic282gi.jpg

Barcelona's style is unique and very hard for players of certain styles to fit into. A bit like Dzeko has struggled in our style, he'd be utterly bewildered by Barcelona's style, as would someone like Milner. Doesn't make them bad players. Sanchez would be good at many clubs that don't nullify his strengths so much. The way we play right now I'm not sure we'd be Sanchez's ideal club either but it looks like we plan to alter our approach some, hopefully becoming less rigid and predictable. A player like Sanchez could help us.

LoveCity said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Matt.D said:

You could ask the same of one of the world's greatest strikers who didn't last as long as Sanchez.

Barcelona's style is unique and very hard for players of certain styles to fit into. A bit like Dzeko has struggled in our style, he'd be utterly bewildered by Barcelona's style, as would someone like Milner. Doesn't make them bad players. Sanchez would be good at many clubs that don't nullify his strengths so much. The way we play right now I'm not sure we'd be Sanchez's ideal club either but it looks like we plan to alter our approach some, hopefully becoming less rigid and predictable. A player like Sanchez could help us.

i agree, having wayhced him this season he has not shown the form of a top class player. I don't thi k he will come here though, possibly juventus

LoveCity said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Matt.D said:

I agree with this 100%..zlatans time at barca doesn't effect our opinion of him being one of the greatest strikers in the world..and let's be honest here if you we're to judge Aguero by this season ..you wouldn't be too impressed ..doesn't mean he's not class

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.