Alexis Sanchez (round 2)

MCC said:
Has he been injured a lot whilst at Barca?
He's had some injuries I believe, and in my opinion he is quite injury prone and this concerns me as we all know what the Premier League is like. Nevertheless, he is a very talented player and I'd be happy if he comes.

eddiemarin09 said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I think he would the suit the Premiership more than Jovetic and Isco and I don't think we will will even attempt to get Bale.

I will buy into this.
He small but very strong for his size like an aguero.. he has amazing pace and stamina he loves running up and down the flanks and very clever when he cuts in the middle he admitted he always wanted to play in the prem cuz it suits his style of game and his touch,ball control and dribbling is up there with the best in the world he can pick out a pass he's a pure attacker..he's a bulldog on the pitch and a player like him is not ment to be kept on a leash like he is at barca and I knew that before he even signed for them his game was better suited for Madrid where he can attack and run at defenses..he's restricted in barca plus if u don't get the ball to messi he bitches and yells like he did with David villa and zlatan which is why they don't get along..he would flourish with city as he is the exact kind of player we need..he will attack no question and take the game by the horns himself if we seem flat..he is what we need next season def more of a sure thing than jovetic

This. He's made for the Prem. When he first went to Barca, he was on the skinny side, but he's beefed up while still keeping his amazing pace. I'm not sure if Barca would sell, but if they do, I'm Txiki will enquire.

How many people on here can comment on what they have seen since he joined Barcelona 18 months ago?

Too me, although he has never adjusted to the Barca style of play - not too surprising as everything in the build up revolves around Lionel Messi - there is a general criticism of his play by supporters of the club that he lacks vision (movement off the ball) , ball control and though been presented with adequate scoring chances, some gilt edged, his conversion rate is quite poor.

A Barca match I saw on Sky two weeks ago, in which he started, as opposed to his usual role of coming on as a second half substitute, he was presented with half a dozen very good scoring chances having been put through by passes from Iniesta. Xavi and Messi. He fluffed the first five, b4 netting the 6th.

Personally, if Barcelona want to recoup their 100% Udinese fee outlay of around €22m then I would find that too expensive for a player with too many shortcomings.

Pedro is clearly sharper. hence the decision by the Catalans to offload Sanchez.

So, for that reason, I'm out...

Tez Tosterone said:
How many people on here can comment on what they have seen since he joined Barcelona 18 months ago?

Too me, although he has never adjusted to the Barca style of play - not too surprising as everything in the build up revolves around Lionel Messi - there is a general criticism of his play by supporters of the club that he lacks vision (movement off the ball) , ball control and though been presented with adequate scoring chances, some gilt edged, his conversion rate is quite poor.

A Barca match I saw on Sky two weeks ago, in which he started, as opposed to his usual role of coming on as a second half substitute, he was presented with half a dozen very good scoring chances having been put through by passes from Iniesta. Xavi and Messi. He fluffed the first five, b4 netting the 6th.

Personally, if Barcelona want to recoup their 100% Udinese fee outlay of around €22m then I would find that too expensive for a player with too many shortcomings.

Pedro is clearly sharper. hence the decision by the Catalans to offload Sanchez.

+1

Tez Tosterone said:

His movement off the ball is world class, I've lost count of the amount of times, Xavi or Ineista have picked the ball up about the halfway line and Sanchez runs between full back and centre back then creates a chance.

I think it is harsh to judge him on his time at Barca.
He doesn't play/start every game and as we all know you have to play to gain confidence and confidence brings goals, belief you can beat a player and get to the edge of the box and whip in crosses etc.

Anywhere around £20m will be a good deal imo, he will be a starter for us basically every week and give him time and he can flourish once again I think.

The key is to sign him early so that he can come to America/Austria or wherever we go for pre season. Pre season is so crucial to how a player settles.

Will be the same for Rodwell, Garcia, Maicon and Sinclair if he is still here.

He's forced there to keep the ball and make short, easy passes. He needs space to use his speed, he's a winger, not a playmaker.

Tevez City said:
Tez Tosterone said:

+1

would you be posting +1 if he looked like he was signing for your team or would he become "world class" like everyone else you sign?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.