Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right ok. So we are at the height of flapping season now it would seem.

Can you ban me for a month?
giphy.gif

X2 please

Although this account did tweet the Alves thing, by the time they did, Le10Sport, L'Equipe and, low and behold, Duncan Castles had already thrown their weight behind it. Nothing of the sort has happened yet in this case, so I don't see where all the worry is coming from.

If we don't sign Sanchez, the bright side might be that Roberts gets a chance to prove himself.
Roberts playing instead of Sanchez is the antithesis of looking on the bright side. One is a bona fide world class talent who'd bring bite, leadership and an utterly winning mentality to the squad; the other was playing Alloa Athletic last season.

Roberts playing instead of Sanchez is the antithesis of looking on the bright side. One is a bona fide world class talent who'd bring bite, leadership and an utterly winning mentality to the squad; the other was playing Alloa Athletic last season.
Can't win on here. We never give the youth a chance but when the chance arises, we mock them for their lack of experience.

Fucking Chelsea 2.0 is what you're looking for.

Can't win on here. We never give the youth a chance but when the chance arises, we mock them for their lack of experience.

Fucking Chelsea 2.0 is what you're looking for.
Yep. I'd love us to win the league. But, if you're happy to win nowt, do continue to think Roberts would be a bonus, were we to not get Sanchez.

I can see arguments for both sides to be honest. I keep reading its the best business decision to sell to the highest bidder, which of course it is, & as pointed out on here, if there's 1 club er's on the side of caution & is careful with regards finances it's Arsenal, & that's what is keeping this deal alive because we've cashed in in the past.

However, would it be that bad if we made a football decision first for once? I keep reading about it will be detrimental to keep an unhappy player, but then i think of what Suarez did at Liverpool, Schneiderlin did at Southampton, after they were a lot more vocal about leaving & had to stay another season, & once they got back playing with the squad it was soon forgotten & they got their move the following year. The same looks like happening this season to Naby Keita, & perhaps Van Dijk. There's also guys like Lewandowski who had to play out their last season. Countless examples.

Would it be better to take the money & reinvest just now? Perhaps. I'm not privvy to the finances mind you. Can we afford to get a Thomas Lemar for example in just now, & give him the season to bed in, where he isn't under pressure straight away as the Sanchez replacement? We do need more depth, because it's a fair drop off in quality in the 2 behind the striker once you get past Sanchez & Ozil.

We also need to think about the knock on effect for the rest of the squad. As Bring Back Swales pointed out, we do have a few who's contract is up 2018. We will defo be hoping to renew Ramsey, Ozil & Ox at least, (Mertesacker is already retiring, Cazorla we can't rely on, Gibbs & Wilshere we might look to sell). That's another aspect, who we can sell this window to bring in some funds / free up some wages. Szczesny, Ospina, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Chambers, Wilshere, Lucas, Giroud could all go this window. That's potentially £80M+ and ~£600k of the wage bill.

I've not even mentioned the effect keeping a top class player like Sanchez should have on the team playing wise. Basically, what i'm trying to say, is that people keep saying it's a straight business decision, take the money now or lose him for nothing next year, & what i'm trying to point out is that it's a lot more complicated a decision than that, with lots of factors coming into play. Many think with us dropping out the Champions League, & many in the squad who's future is uncertain, that should make Sanchez leaving easier. However, Wenger will want to keep some continuity at this uncertain stage, so i'd argue because of these factors it will make it more difficult for Wenger to let him leave.

Well if I was to put myself in your shoes, I think I would want him out. He clearly wants to leave and although he is your best player, you also have alternative options up front.

I would not want him going to a direct rival though. I think youd be better off selling for £30mil to juve or psg or a.n other european club rather than to a rival for double the dosh.

It would be crazy to just let him walk away next season for nothing. Guess we will wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.