Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all hired guns, I'm sure it would be exciting to see a few academy products in the 1st team until we started dropping down the league then it wouldn't be good for anybody , especially the young lads, just crazy talk .

Yes, the manager and the board prefer their PL team team to be full of tested players at a high level so really no choice except to convince another club in another league to play them and hopefully turn them into stars.
If only we knew which ones would improve to be of that quality we would all want them bloodied but in the mean time our manager has targets to meet and our board are impatient.

A year or two down the line will give us a better idea of former academy graduates and hopefully our buy back clauses will be activated.

Not a hobby and why be so knobish, I don't follow him but some mates do so it was flagged up, posted in good faith, not arsed tbf if it's accurate as I cannot sat if true or not, bit it was info I felt worth sharing
Mate cheers dont worry about it being accurate or not 99 percent of posts on here are just rumour but keeps the forum going cheers anyway.

I have a passion for seeing our academy produce players & I remember the excitement it used to csuse back in the days when we did.

If others don't share that, then it would be difficult to explain but I know there are plenty on here who do.

Sanchez is a world class player but imo a hired gun whose ambitions happen to coincide with ours.

I understand that and I think every City fan would love to see more kids breakthrough but it is self-defeating if we make it at a detriment to the squad.

There's a chain of command in football which impacts a clubs ability to bed in young players. The likes of Us, Bayern, Madrid, Chelsea and United etc. are under that much pressure to win trophies that we go out any buy players ready made to make an impact. Young players only really get a shot in the first team if other variables come into play like an injury or poor signing.

For all of the hype United get about their young players, the only reason Rashford and Lingard have made is down to Mkhitrairan struggling to adapt and injuries up front combined with a manager who favours work-rate over flair. Of course, both players have had to prove their worth but it was never United's intention to bring them through in that manner. You could even extend that to the rise of Harry Kane at Spurs.

Pozo had a similar chance to Rashford under Pellegrini but didn't take it, Iheanacho broke through at the expense of Bony and is now a £25 million rated CF.

There's a good chance Roberts could have taken Navas' place in the squad this season. He's homegrown and would have been an upgrade, however, the lack of prolificacy of our forwards meant we needed to improve that area which pushed Roberts back down the pecking order.

Pep needs to assemble his squad and then we can think about bringing in the youngsters, that said it really does look like Foden could be around the first team this season along with the signing of Sanchez.

Not a hobby and why be so knobish, I don't follow him but some mates do so it was flagged up, posted in good faith, not arsed tbf if it's accurate as I cannot sat if true or not, bit it was info I felt worth sharing

Mate, I was absolutely just kidding around with you. Thought maybe you were him :)

I read through some of his other tweets and he's having a laugh. Like most of us!

Mate, I was absolutely just kidding around with you. Thought maybe you were him :)

I read through some of his other tweets and he's having a laugh. Like most of us!

Ok no bother, I am deffinately not him, tbf I was probably more reactionary as it has been made aware to me some blues don't like other blues using bert and I had grief for that already last week on off topic.

Hopefully he's right and we have got it done

Complete bollocks, any deal will be near the end of the window and I think will be more than that all opinion I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.