Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he concedes any loyalty payments due and it also can turn the fans on him.
I hate it when players are clearly not being loyal, but do whatever they can to keep hold of a loyalty bonus.

If you want to move, put in a transfer request. A lot of the criticism from supporters is from the way footballers engineer moves rather than man up, be honest and show a bit of respect to their former club and supporters

I'm not buying that we won't score enough goals this season. Without Sanchez, we have still have the best attack in the division. Signing him just upgrades the squad massively and gives us a better crack at the CL.

Those questioning it need to give themselves a shake. This forum should be in universal agreement for me. It's a total no brainer.
I believe this City team will score 90+ goals in the league this season. We added Jesus in the 2nd half of last season, and Sane settled down only in 2017. In the Summer we bought Silva who can play on the right of a front 3, and the full backs dramatically improve our attacking potential. We have Diaz now who scored a stunning goal against Real Madrid and showed the composure which Aguero and Jesus had been lacking and dummied Lloris on the goal-line. Diaz is ready, or very very close. We've probably lost Sancho who was even better.

Sanchez will be 29-30 - can he continue at last season's level? I watched him in the Summer and he was ineffective as a wide forward. I knew he would be. He will play as a striker next season, or deep-lying forward. It's exactly where we are strongest.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him, but if we signed Mbappe I'd be elated. It's not a no-brainer for me. It might have been 1-2 years ago

It doesn't matter if it was directly aimed at me. You rudely dismissed someone whose opinion I sympathised with. Is it "perfectly civil" to react by saying "ffs"?

We can all make a point without sneering at others but you chose not to. I called you a WUM based on that.

You called me one before I posted it.

The ffs was because it was a fucking stupid, idiotic sad post & deserved it. I have been perfectly civil to you but as you are obviously Cliff Richards I think I'll stop, as I've never liked him.

Go & mither someone else.

I'm not buying that we won't score enough goals this season. Without Sanchez, we have still have the best attack in the division. Signing him just upgrades the squad massively and gives us a better crack at the CL.

Those questioning it need to give themselves a shake. This forum should be in universal agreement for me. It's a total no brainer.

I agree our attack on paper is the best, unfortunately last year they were collectively unable to get their shots on target. When on target then no problem our quota of goals appears.
Remedy this carelessness or uncertainty when they shoot and miraculously we score to the ability of our strike force. Hopefully the Spurs game was just rustiness but how many chances were wasted by many of our players during that game ?

Sanchez shares the fighting and skill set of Tevez which together with his hunger and desire to win can only increase our prospect of trophies.
Competition for starting places will ensure all the players work hard on their A game.
For me this is a key signing.

His quality is undeniable & will 'probably' make the team stronger (not definitely, as he has to play & he may bench the likes of Sterling & Sané who are quicker & may suit us better, or Bernardo, David Silva on other occasions).

But personally, I don't want an extra late 20's forward at the club. Plus, his style is to give the ball away a fair bit, but Pep has used him before, so knows what he's getting.

But tbh, looking at the squad now, the Sanchez thing looks a bit Rodney Marsh to me.

His quality is undeniable & will 'probably' make the team stronger (not definitely, as he has to play & he may bench the likes of Sterling & Sané who are quicker & may suit us better, or Bernardo, David Silva on other occasions).

But personally, I don't want an extra late 20's forward at the club. Plus, his style is to give the ball away a fair bit, but Pep has used him before, so knows what he's getting.

But tbh, looking at the squad now, the Sanchez thing looks a bit Rodney Marsh to me.
Rather Rodney Marsh than Rodney Trotter. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.