Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple of things that i find a wee bit annoying being an Arsenal fan, but i'm on a rival teams forum so i expect a fair bit to be dealt out. The famous 4th place trophy is one, even though we actually haven't finished 4th in a few years. We also constantly hear Arsenal are a 1 man team, yet we beat Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea last season at various stages, so that 1 man must be pretty damn good. We hear hardly any of our players would get in our rivals team but if you take an aggregate points total of the last few seasons i bet we wouldn't be far off the top. We don't show enough ambition apparently, which it seems in the modern day ambition just equates to money spent.

Back to your point, i would agree that we aren't title favourites, but is it wrong to try and aim to get an extra say 10 points on last season? We were awful for a long spell last season, yet we managed 75 points. We've tweaked a few things, a new formation, added a couple of players that have qualities that we lacked. The likelyhood is that we'll fall short again, but i just want them to show the proper application & give it a proper go.

All this will probably be a fan being overly optimistic at pre season mind you, come the opening weekend when we get beat at home to Leicester i'll be ranting and fuming like the rest of them! :-)

Not purposely trying to shit on you just because you're an Arsenal fan, it's just the way i see it and i think it's a fairly popular view from most fans looking in at Arsenal. You've got the perennial bottlers tag now and that will not shake until you stop bottling it and win a league title. You're capable of beating teams above and around you when on form, but so is everybody in the league, it's not really justification of being good enough to win the league.

This aggregate points thing, which is an entirely new concept to me, that i've only ever seen mentioned by Arsenal fans only goes to show that Arsenal are always the nearly men. Whereas other teams might not be as reliant, when they get it right they come out on top. I'm not going to check but i'd assume if you tally up the points from the last two seasons. Arsenal will have accumulated more than Chelsea, you'd take Chelsea's situation of finishing 10th, having a mare then winning the league every single time though.

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic and hopeful, and this is not necessarily you in particular, you seem fairly level headed but there's a large portion of Arsenal fans that are not realistic in the slightest and have convinced themselves they're as good if not better than anything else in the league which just isn't close to being true if you compare Arsenals team and squad to Chelsea's. I don't agree with thought process of "we've signed xyz, that makes us better than last season therefore we can expect an extra 10 points that could see us win the league" it's too simplistic, and ignores way too many big factors, namely the fact everybody has improved, (aside from spurs) some more so than others and last season has very little bearing on this season.

I hear you and fair play to you for remaining civil and respectful while on here.
I would think what you have to endure and may perceive as total misconceptions about your club, from rival fans, pale into insignificance compared to the shite, bile, cluelessness and downright lies that we have to endure from rival and not so rival fans alike. Usually because of some notions they have of us derived from what they read in the national press or are force fed through the media in one form or another.

Football is what it is nowadays and none of us know the full depths of what goes on in the background. What we should be able to see objectively is what is played out on the park. I agree with others that say but for some, let's say questionable refereeing, our season could have been so different. Not least was the Wembley match against Arsenal which I was at.

The most surprising thing for me that day, not having seen Arsenal as much as you would, was not the referee, which I was actually expecting and predicting beforehand,
but how Arsenal who I would associate with trying to play a certain kind of football that is very attractive, went about their business.
It was like they were told to go out and kick anything above grass level that moved. Silva in particular was singled out. And the fact you got away with it is a separate issue that City supports are well used to debating.
Wenger seemed to me to abandon his philosophy of football towards the end of last season and adopted a much more practical and cynical approach.
This to me said 1) he was under pressure, which he was. And 2) He realised that his squad were not up to the task of playing the way he likes and winning.

That's not me having a go at Arsenal. It's just my objective view of what i saw looking in from the outside.

I don't think the Arsenal squad has got any better and I don't think the decision to keep Wenger will prove to be a good one.
Believe me I would rather see an Arsenal team playing good football get into the top four (Or two, as long as we're no.1), than the Rags who spend as much as anyone else and play like Stoke.

I think if we tried to outplay you there would only have been one winner. I think we need to do more of that because we are no longer one of the best teams in the league, so need to make up for that by trying another approach, no point playing nice football and losing.
We did play great football in the final though, theres only a couple of teams that we should change our approach for because we cant live with their football, City are one of those.
The addition of Kolasinac and Xhaka in the last year shows that we are trying to get a bit more physical, we have been a soft touch for too long.
I think you got the analysis spot on, on Wenger changing his ways last season, but it did bring the right results.

I think the sanchez deal depends on PSG getting Neymar, certainly Arsenal would prefer he goes to them, and therefore Mbappe apart ( who at the price clearly is beyond budget) leaves us with very few options I Think most of us are over egging the fact that his desire to join PEP and City is all consuming , as Alves proved he will do whats right for him. There is nothing i would like more than to see him in a blue shirt, but see this one going to the wire

I think the sanchez deal depends on PSG getting Neymar, certainly Arsenal would prefer he goes to them, and therefore Mbappe apart ( who at the price clearly is beyond budget) leaves us with very few options I Think most of us are over egging the fact that his desire to join PEP and City is all consuming , as Alves proved he will do whats right for him. There is nothing i would like more than to see him in a blue shirt, but see this one going to the wire
I thought Sanchez had made it clear with psg that he didn't want them

Yeah, I actually want to apologise for that post, it was a bit heat of the moment stuff, sorry. And you are right, I'm very proud of our recent FA cup record, it's pretty much became our competition.

Fair play pal!

How do you see next season panning out if you keep Sanchez?

Personally, I don't see any way how Wenger can continue to let him be the main man. Surely he has to build the side around Lacazette who's long-term future is at the club.

It'd almost be like having a loan player at the club.

I hear you and fair play to you for remaining civil and respectful while on here.
I would think what you have to endure and may perceive as total misconceptions about your club, from rival fans, pale into insignificance compared to the shite, bile, cluelessness and downright lies that we have to endure from rival and not so rival fans alike. Usually because of some notions they have of us derived from what they read in the national press or are force fed through the media in one form or another.

Football is what it is nowadays and none of us know the full depths of what goes on in the background. What we should be able to see objectively is what is played out on the park. I agree with others that say but for some, let's say questionable refereeing, our season could have been so different. Not least was the Wembley match against Arsenal which I was at.

The most surprising thing for me that day, not having seen Arsenal as much as you would, was not the referee, which I was actually expecting and predicting beforehand,
but how Arsenal who I would associate with trying to play a certain kind of football that is very attractive, went about their business.
It was like they were told to go out and kick anything above grass level that moved. Silva in particular was singled out. And the fact you got away with it is a separate issue that City supports are well used to debating.
Wenger seemed to me to abandon his philosophy of football towards the end of last season and adopted a much more practical and cynical approach.
This to me said 1) he was under pressure, which he was. And 2) He realised that his squad were not up to the task of playing the way he likes and winning.

That's not me having a go at Arsenal. It's just my objective view of what i saw looking in from the outside.

I don't think the Arsenal squad has got any better and I don't think the decision to keep Wenger will prove to be a good one.
Believe me I would rather see an Arsenal team playing good football get into the top four (Or two, as long as we're no.1), than the Rags who spend as much as anyone else and play like Stoke.
Excellent and insightful post

Have we even put in a fucking bid
51ZWS%2BH80yL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.