Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you and fair play to you for remaining civil and respectful while on here.
I would think what you have to endure and may perceive as total misconceptions about your club, from rival fans, pale into insignificance compared to the shite, bile, cluelessness and downright lies that we have to endure from rival and not so rival fans alike. Usually because of some notions they have of us derived from what they read in the national press or are force fed through the media in one form or another.

Football is what it is nowadays and none of us know the full depths of what goes on in the background. What we should be able to see objectively is what is played out on the park. I agree with others that say but for some, let's say questionable refereeing, our season could have been so different. Not least was the Wembley match against Arsenal which I was at.

The most surprising thing for me that day, not having seen Arsenal as much as you would, was not the referee, which I was actually expecting and predicting beforehand,
but how Arsenal who I would associate with trying to play a certain kind of football that is very attractive, went about their business.
It was like they were told to go out and kick anything above grass level that moved. Silva in particular was singled out. And the fact you got away with it is a separate issue that City supports are well used to debating.
Wenger seemed to me to abandon his philosophy of football towards the end of last season and adopted a much more practical and cynical approach.
This to me said 1) he was under pressure, which he was. And 2) He realised that his squad were not up to the task of playing the way he likes and winning.

That's not me having a go at Arsenal. It's just my objective view of what i saw looking in from the outside.

I don't think the Arsenal squad has got any better and I don't think the decision to keep Wenger will prove to be a good one.
Believe me I would rather see an Arsenal team playing good football get into the top four (Or two, as long as we're no.1), than the Rags who spend as much as anyone else and play like Stoke.

Not purposely trying to shit on you just because you're an Arsenal fan, it's just the way i see it and i think it's a fairly popular view from most fans looking in at Arsenal. You've got the perennial bottlers tag now and that will not shake until you stop bottling it and win a league title. You're capable of beating teams above and around you when on form, but so is everybody in the league, it's not really justification of being good enough to win the league.

This aggregate points thing, which is an entirely new concept to me, that i've only ever seen mentioned by Arsenal fans only goes to show that Arsenal are always the nearly men. Whereas other teams might not be as reliant, when they get it right they come out on top. I'm not going to check but i'd assume if you tally up the points from the last two seasons. Arsenal will have accumulated more than Chelsea, you'd take Chelsea's situation of finishing 10th, having a mare then winning the league every single time though.

There's nothing wrong with being optimistic and hopeful, and this is not necessarily you in particular, you seem fairly level headed but there's a large portion of Arsenal fans that are not realistic in the slightest and have convinced themselves they're as good if not better than anything else in the league which just isn't close to being true if you compare Arsenals team and squad to Chelsea's. I don't agree with thought process of "we've signed xyz, that makes us better than last season therefore we can expect an extra 10 points that could see us win the league" it's too simplistic, and ignores way too many big factors, namely the fact everybody has improved, (aside from spurs) some more so than others and last season has very little bearing on this season.

I don't mind the bottlers tag. I don't think it's quite as simple as that might do you. There are times when we are under pressure we get results, and time when we don't. I don't know if you can switch bottle on and off like that, but there is obviously something wrong with our mentality on certain occasions.

As for the cup semi final, I actually don't remember us being that dirty, but it's mentioned lots on here so I'll assume it was the case. I think we felt under pressure, and weren't playing well at all at the time. I think the pleasing thing from an Arsenal perspective was that we showed a few characteristics that we are often accused of lacking, but without watching the game back, perhaps it went too far. I think 1 of the most pleasing performances of the last few years was when we went to the Etihad and won 2-0. Wenger seemed to play more tactical
and diplomatic I stead of going in and thinking we could out football everyone with inferior players at times. We all hoped that would give him and the team a blueprint going forward but it proved a false dawn.

In general, I don't think our football is as good as it was a few years ago anyway. We've went from a team that had the likes of Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, RVP to one that isn't as free flowing, with the like of Ramsey, Coquelin, Walcott and Giroud playing. Even our best player looses possession and disrupts attacks a lot. When we get it right we are still great to watch, but the free flowing football doesn't come as natural to those players.

Good. I think Away Day is a lost cause now. I'm pretty sure his alter egos have suffered similar fates in the past (apologies if that's not true Away Day).

Dont worry about it guys, we can all be quoted for posting some right crap by our lack of rationale, fuelled by blind faith and passion.

I'm not so sure once he gets in front of wenger he will be able to keep his nerve,obviously i really hope he can,i'm not so bothered by the cost as i think he will complete the jigsaw up front

he has already come out and said he wants champions league football, i think he has the nerve to tell wenger to suck it

I'm not so sure once he gets in front of wenger he will be able to keep his nerve,obviously i really hope he can,i'm not so bothered by the cost as i think he will complete the jigsaw up front

Sanchez was dropped to the bench last season and literally didn't care that Wenger saw him laughing as the team conceded.

Wenger realised he could do nothing without Sanchez, so brought him back.

Sanchez is on record, he wants to play Champions League football next season.

He could have signed that new deal anytime in the last six months, so Wenger's influence is overstated it would seem.

Sanchez was dropped to the bench last season and literally didn't care that Wenger saw him laughing as the team conceded.

Wenger realised he could do nothing without Sanchez, so brought him back.

Sanchez is on record, he wants to play Champions League football next season.

He could have signed that new deal anytime in the last six months, so Wenger's influence is overstated it would seem.
I forgot about him laughing on the bench,hopefully this deal will get done

It might just be me, but I think @GunnerGer and @AwayDay get a bit too much flack for saying pretty benign things.

Some of our fans are too bloody touchy. Sounding like proper tarquins with the kind of offense they take at anything from either of these guys.

Relax guys! As far as other fans go, these 2 and the Stoke guy are as good as I've seen here.

He won't be staying if he now just keeps his nerve.

A City player he will become.

We can afford to go right until deadline day, we really can.

The longer it goes, the more the price will come down.

Where is the like button?

Don't even mind it going until deadline day. We can wait and that may mean that Arsenal fail in securing a replacement.

Sanchez has probably watched our last two games and become even more determined to join. We will have a special season, I'm sure of it.

Arsenal fan here, Arsenal would not make the same mistake of selling their best player to a rival club.
Arsenal have a slight chance of winning the league or atleast top 3 but top 4 is pretty much guranteed with Alexis in the team.Not much loss financially.
Unhappy player concept is ridiculous.This is the world cup year so he will want to play every game he is in.
I wont be surprised if he signs for Psg if neymar stays at Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.