Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to make all our Arsenal friends feel more at home

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nowhere near enough boos that mate.

The thing that i struggle with regarding Wenger's stance is that the cost to Arsenal will be astronomical.

Firstly if they hang on to him there is the obvious loss of a £50 million fee, but if you then factor in the current transfer fees it gets a lot worse,
If they were to sell now they may be looking to spend £50 million on an suitable replacement therefore breaking even, however given what is happening with Neymar and Mbappe you can expect fees to go through the roof in the next 12 months. Therefore a player they target now for £50 million may cost £100 million in 12 months time. Given that he could walk away for nothing next season then they could be in the hole for £100 million.
That's a big hit to take for a principle.

The thing that i struggle with regarding Wenger's stance is that the cost to Arsenal will be astronomical.

Firstly if they hang on to him there is the obvious loss of a £50 million fee, but if you then factor in the current transfer fees it gets a lot worse,
If they were to sell now they may be looking to spend £50 million on an suitable replacement therefore breaking even, however given what is happening with Neymar and Mbappe you can expect fees to go through the roof in the next 12 months. Therefore a player they target now for £50 million may cost £100 million in 12 months time. Given that he could walk away for nothing next season then they could be in the hole for £100 million.
That's a big hit to take for a principle.
He doesn't have a stance,he's talking out of his Mr Burns looking arse like he's been doing for the last decade.
IF SANCHEZ GOES OR STAYS,IT'S NOT HIS DECISION EITHER WAY !

I really wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez has been told he can come to City, but only once Arsenal have signed Lemar as his replacement. There certainly doesn't seem to be a fuss being kicked up by Sanchez or his representatives.

From 2011:
"Samir's situation is clear for me," Wenger said. "He stays. We are in a [financial] position where we can say 'No' and we will, in the case of Samir."

I'm not convinced Sanchez will be a City player come September but Wenger's comments change nothing.
The difference being that Wenger was popular amongst the Arse fans then.

When Sanchez comes out and says he is staying then i will listen but until then, Arsene is full of hot air and empty words im afraid.

When Sanchez comes out and says he is staying then i will listen but until then, Arsene is full of hot air and empty words im afraid.
On the flip side, I wonder if he is willing to publicly say he wants to go. Not sure what difference it would make however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.