Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
A valid point but I'm just wondering if it's true that Arsenal allowed his contract to run down? If it's true, I find it surprising they didn't try getting him to extend last summer.

If there reason for not selling is that they can't replace for 50mil, as the poster suggests, they should have sold last summer if he wouldn't sign

I'd also put it to him that they have more chance of replacing him for 50 million this summer than for Zero next summer

Haha. You're in effect paying £50m to loan Sanchez for a season.

You're a joke of a club.

A real club that didn't have small club insecurities wouldn't keep a player against his wishes. Chelsea would sell and move on and strengthen. You're cutting off your nose because you can't afford to improve your face.
This is the Sanchez situation in a nutshell. Wenger is harming Arsenal in a big way by his insistence of one last go at success at the cost of the required rebuilding of the team.

If there reason for not selling is that they can't replace for 50mil, as the poster suggests, they should have sold last summer if he wouldn't sign

I'd also put it to him that they have more chance of replacing him for 50 million this summer than for Zero next summer

If we sold him last season wed have won nothing, football isnt all about business. Any trophy is worth more than an extra 50m, and the same applies this summer.

I also think keeping him and risking losing him for free is a reasonable financial outlay given all the riches you have outlined.

No, it's financial lunacy. It might make sense from Wenger's personal persective, but financially, it's idiotic.

This is the Sanchez situation in a nutshell. Wenger is harming Arsenal in a big way by his insistence of one last go at success at the cost of the required rebuilding of the team.

£50m doesn't rebuild a team in this market nor does it sign a player who guarantee's 25 goals scored in a season across all competitions.

I dont know where you get this from, no one gets more hate on talkshite and the sun than Arsenal. Have done ever since we got a french manager. Something weve never been forgiven for by, especially when he started winning things. One sun headline last year after we lost a game "FOR GOD SAKE JUST GO", very disrespectful, shame many Arsenal fans have given such publications a platform to continually disrespect our club without fear of any comeback, theyd never criticise liverpool like this because of their somewhat militant fan base.

Id rather the owner goes, no manager can do anything with us while we show no ambition. This summer we seem to have made a better stand, but still the club is being run badly and thats down to the owners.

I agree with that. Arsenal are a favourite target for the media. Talksport used to run the daily 'let's ridicule Arsenal' with the Adrian Durham and Darren Gough (closet Spurs fans, if you ask me) doing the Daily Arsenal. Similarly MOTD with Gary Lineker who a couple of years ago lampooned Wenger after a game at Stoke. I don't follow City coverage as much as you guys but we get as bad if not worse stick than you from the media.

I dont understand how an extra year of Sanchez hurts our team, he is our best player.
And if we get CL this season, there is as much chance of sanchez signing on again next summer as he has of leaving.

With the increase in player values this transfer window, to replace him next season they'll need well over £50mil – Arsenal really should cash in now, but a stubborn old man is determined to run them into the ground before he leaves, it seems.... where have we seen that before!?!

And what about the game three days after that.

Or the league cup match away at United three days later. Or the game after that.

There's no 'first 11' anymore.

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Benzema all play in the big games. If we have Kun, Sanchez, GJ and Mbappe which two do you ask to sit on the bench in a CL semi final?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.