Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Benzema all play in the big games. If we have Kun, Sanchez, GJ and Mbappe which two do you ask to sit on the bench in a CL semi final?
I don't believe we will sign both.

You seem to think we don't need either.

I dont understand how an extra year of Sanchez hurts our team, he is our best player.
And if we get CL this season, there is as much chance of sanchez signing on again next summer as he has of leaving.

There's a garage around the corner that tries to sell cars at ludicrously over-inflated prices. They sit there on the forecourt for months, until eventually the owner drops the price a bit. Then more months and then he drops the price a bit more. And more months etc. But then the car is older, and not worth the new lower price. So it sits there longer still.

And all that time, his capital is tied up and not earning him money. Basically the man is a fool. He's in denial, to the huge detriment of his business. He fails to grasp the nettle and to realise that his asset is only worth the market price and he should sell it for the market price and move on.

The way Arsenal should be looking at this is:

To sign a top, top striker on a 5-year contract is perhaps going to cost us £80 to £100m in the current market. If we sell Sanchez for £50m, it's going to cost us £50m net. If we wait a year, we'll have to let him go for nothing and then we'll have to fork out perhaps £120m for a replacement, because the prices are definitely on the up. Therefore we should man up and buy a top quality replacement for Sanchez right now. Give the fans something to actually cheer about, instead for forcing a player who doesn't want to be there to play for you. If I was running Arsenal, I'd be moving heaven and earth to sign Mbappe, at whatever price.

I don't believe we will sign both.

You seem to think we don't need either.

However good he is I don't think we need Mbappe. Sanchez is more versatile and can rotate in more positions. He can do Leroy's position as well as the strikers role. At a pinch he could do one of the three midfield slots.

There's a garage around the corner that tries to sell cars at ludicrously over-inflated prices. They sit there on the forecourt for months, until eventually the owner drops the price a bit. Then more months and then he drops the price a bit more. And more months etc. But then the car is older, and not worth the new lower price. So it sits there longer still.

And all that time, his capital is tied up and not earning him money. Basically the man is a fool. He's in denial, to the huge detriment of his business. He fails to grasp the nettle and to realise that his asset is only worth the market price and he should sell it for the market price and move on.

The way Arsenal should be looking at this is:

To sign a top, top striker on a 5-year contract is perhaps going to cost us £100m in the current market. If we sell Sanchez for £50m, it's going to cost us £50m net. If we wait a year, we'll have to let him go for nothing and then we'll have to fork out perhaps £120m for a replacement, because the prices are definitely on the up. Therefore we should man up and buy a top quality replacement for Sanchez right now. Give the fans something to actually cheer about, instead for forcing a player who doesn't want to be there to play for you.

We are driving this car every day, Its not sitting in a show room doing nothing. If we sell the car, we ll have to walk everywhere, or maybe buy a push bike.

We have 200 million burning a hole in our bank account, we will be saving over 1m a week in wages next summer, we will be getting in up to 50m this summer in other sales.
We need to man up, keep our best player, give this season our best shot, if we achieve miracles he ll want to stay anyway, if he doesnt want to stay and we are back in CL thats extra money towards replacing him, even then we ll still have a couple of hundred millions and a huge reduction in wage bill.

You're likely failure to get Sanchez is kinda your own fault and that of clubs like PSG.

With the inflated transfer prices you and the others are paying the transfer markets been pushed to a crazy place where it's no longer viable to sell players like Sanchez for £50m as they are impossible to replace for that money. The same has happened with Keita at Leipzig.

No way would Wenger have not sold him to you if he thought he could replace him for the same kind of money. Alas, at the other end of the scale, it's sad for us, because the insane prices now mean Alexis could be the last truly world class player we see at the Emirates for a long time.
I hear what you are saying, but as pointed out earlier, you are effectively leasing him for one season for whatever fee we would pay, thereafter he walks and how much to replace like for like then when you face the whole bill then?

Haha. You're in effect paying £50m to loan Sanchez for a season.

You're a joke of a club.

A real club that didn't have small club insecurities wouldn't keep a player against his wishes. Chelsea would sell and move on and strengthen. You're cutting off your nose because you can't afford to improve your face.

Decent retort !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.